HR Advisor Central Region - Bristol
6 days left
- Full Time
HR Advisor Central Region
18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Based at Bristol
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To provide a wide range of administration support and first line HR advice and support to Line Managers, including Senior Managers with regards to application of the company HR Policies and Procedures.
- To support Managers by attending investigatory interviews, disciplinary hearings, grievance hearings, flexible working, attendance management and maternity leave meetings, exit interviews and other meetings as appropriate.
- To assist the HR Business Partner in providing a professional HR service across the business and developing solid working relationships with your customers within the business.
- To support the HR Business Partners and the HR Department with key projects and the application of the HR systems.
- To work collaboratively with the Regional HR Advisors.
- To work proactively on your own, covering a wide range of HR activity within a fast paced environment.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to be:
- You will need to have experience of working in HR environment, providing HR advice and support, as well as experience of working within employment legislation.
- You will need to have experience of developing solid relationships with your Managers, colleagues and Trade Unions
- Excellent communication, time management skills and commercial awareness are needed.
- CIPD qualification is desirable but not essential.
- You should also have the ability to be flexible in your approach to work and resilient with fluctuating demands on your time and work variety.
- To be willing to travel between GWR locations to provide support for our customers
As a minimum you’ll need to have:
- Previous experience of working in an HR environment, having provided HR advice and support, ideally within a unionised environment, although not essential.
- Experience of establishing effective professional working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Knowledge of Employment Legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be resilient and work on your own initiative.
Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.