HR Business Partner
3 days left
- Full Time
This global law firm based in the City are looking for a HR Business Partner to support one of their key practice areas. Reporting into a Senior HRBP this is a diverse role seeing the successful candidate involved in a broad range of BP activities delivering the people agenda into your client group.
As a global business the firm will look to the HRBP to partner with the wider HR leadership teams to support in the definition and delivery of the HR strategy for your practice area ensuring you are in line with the firmwide people agenda.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as a business partner to managers/partners. Delivering performance management, budgeting, workforce planning, project and change management. Exploring and challenging team structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Influencing and being part of project teams
- Challenging existing HR ways of working to ensure maximum efficiency across all day to day activities.
- Supporting the business in driving and managing change (to leaders, role structures, new ways of working, use of new skills etc.) effectively, using change management tools and processes to ensure that teams continue to operate effectively.
- Coaching partners and managers and being their trusted advisors, not just on people issues but on business decisions and direction.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis, to enable fact based decision making.
- Influencing reward decisions effectively within the practice group, ensuring compliance with the firmwide Reward approach and fairness & consistency of decision making. Co-ordinating the salary review & bonus allocation process for the relevant teams, taking accountability for ensuring that decisions are accurately captured and processed.
- Understanding the International priorities of the practice groups and promoting international mobility. Supporting both outbound and inbound international assignees and the relevant processes associated with international mobility, including package negotiation and arranging sponsors, performance management and repatriation.
- Championing the learning agenda within teams, and ensuring participation in the relevant programmes for individuals depending on their performance and potential. Working with the partners to develop talent and succession plans, working to ensure that the diversity profile of the practice groups improves in line with the firms objectives for inclusivity.
- Delivering training sessions to line managers on all relevant aspects of the HR annual cycle
- Understanding and being able to explain the benefits of all the programmes in the core career programmes to enable the identification of the right individuals to participate and then 'sell' the programme to them. Supporting the Senior HRBPs to agree the core career programme nominations for the practice groups.
- Support the employee engagement agenda within your location/s. Understand and translate the employee engagement survey 'Pulse' results into meaningful action plans which are communicated within teams and acted upon. Encourage CR and probono activity and participation within client groups as part of engagement agenda.
- Managing vacancy approval (through budget as required), and then supporting the recruitment team to deliver external and internal recruitment for the practice groups. Ensuring the recruitment team are able to build an understanding of the practice group commercials and dynamics, and have access to line managers to enable effective recruitment processes
- Managing the onboarding of all external candidates from induction planning onwards.
- Continuously increasing understanding of the wider world of HR, sharing external perspectives and best practice with the business and HR colleagues.
- Trainees - ownership of trainees during their seats in the practice groups, and inclusion in talent planning activities.
Successful candidates will ideally be fully CIPD qualified and have a good amount experience in a generalist advisory role, ideally from professional services, but primarily experienced in working in a large and complex international organisation. You will have a good understanding and practical experience of complex ER and L&D delivery.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for HR Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly