HR Business Partner (12 Fixed-Term Contract) - London
HR Business Partner (12 Fixed-Term Contract)
London, Riverside House
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Business Partner to join a dynamic and established HR function. The successful candidate will work closely with business leaders and line managers to define, develop, and implement HR strategy for your client group, in-line with organisational objectives and complementary to the HR agenda.
- Work to build strong relationships with key stakeholders; you will need to understand, align, and partner with the business in order to demonstrate credibility, and provide a forward looking, relevant partnering service through regular engagement and consultation
- Act as a trusted advisor to support and coach managers on all employee related matters
- Provide line management support to an HR Administrator working to ensure that all starters, leavers, and other payroll changes are processed accurately and in accordance with payroll deadlines
- Produce and use MI data to provide leaders and colleagues with insights to inform business decisions
- Work with business managers to identify trends within your client group and proactively address issues (e.g. sickness trends, recruitment strategies etc)
- Lead the delivery of key HR activities such as performance reviews, pay and bonus reviews, and internal promotions, ensuring they are carried out in a timely and proactive way
- Contribute towards the development and implementation of HR processes and initiatives, either on your own or as part of a project team
- Manage end-to-end recruitment in your client group and support other areas when required. You’ll provide advice and guidance on where to recruit, as well as shortlisting and participating on panel interviews
- Lead on (or assist with) change management initiatives such as TUPE, redundancies and restructuring projects
- Work with other Business Partners and functional specialists (Learning and Development, Recruitment) to ensure the consistent implementation of HR policies, procedures and best practice
- Matrix management, support and providing guidance to HR Administrators
- Conduct exit interviews for client groups, identifying turnover trends and making recommendations
- Demonstrable working knowledge of HR legislation and best practice
- Comprehensive experience of supporting all processes and policies across the HR lifecycle
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- The ability to communicate and transfer knowledge effectively to others
- The ability to learn and apply new information/skills/knowledge swiftly and accurately
- An appreciation of and desire to promote Ofcom's values of excellence, agility, empowerment and collaboration
Please note, this is a 12 month maternity cover contract that has the possibility to extend.
To apply for the role of HR Business Partner (Contract), please click on the 'Apply' button.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: HR Business Partner, Contract, HR, Human Resources, Advisor, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, Senior HR Generalist, People Advisor.