HR Advisor - London
Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
The Corporate team unites a variety of functions at Morningstar including design, marketing, finance, quality, human resources, corporate communications, legal, compliance, strategic planning, and technology with the goal of keeping our business running smoothly. Each of these functions plays an essential role in supporting our company’s infrastructure, day-to-day operations, and on-going strategic initiatives.
At Morningstar, we believe that our employees – through their creativity, talent, and willingness to learn – are essential to our success. For this role, we need someone who can understand our corporate culture and the kinds of people who succeed at Morningstar, while supporting our HR practices and understanding how employees work together worldwide. We are looking to hire someone who can work as part of a team to provide generalist HR support for EMEA. In addition, you will play a key role in supporting our HR initiatives, promoting continuous improvement and enhancing the HR service we offer. This position is based in our London office.
- A proactive, customer-centric HR service in line with business needs and Morningstar’s HR philosophies.
- Work with the Recruitment Manager to source and recruit the best talent for Morningstar.
- Advise managers and employees on employee relations concerns, guiding on best practice and procedure.
- Collaborate with the Reward Manager on compensation processes, benchmarking and benefits.
- Assist with immigration and visa queries.
- Support as necessary with the day-to-day requirements of the HR operations team.
- Fostering and promoting a great work environment that allows employees to do their best work.
- Previous HR experience gained in a progressive, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of employment law and working practices and cultures in EMEA.
- Ability to competently manage a wide range of employee relations issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships, earning the confidence and trust of senior managers and team members.
- Proven “hands-on” approach with the ability to work collaboratively or independently.
- Successful record of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Focus on delivery and ensuring the highest possible standards are met.
- Strong commercial acumen alongside a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to generate ideas and implement improvements.
- High level of IT literacy with advanced Excel skills.
- Proficiency in using HR Information Systems; Workday would be an advantage.
- University degree or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in a second European language, in addition to English is desirable.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.