Stand alone HR Manager
- To proactively advise Management on best practice HR and business partner with the Management Team
- To support the people management functions that under-pin the business culture. The broad areas include: recruitment and selection, employee relations, employee engagement, talent management, learning and development, performance management, compensation and benefits
- You will support the main day to day delivery of professional support and advice to managers on all HR initiatives
A fast growing SME based in North West London.
- To Business partner with management team
- Coach the management teams on all HR issues including performance mgt issues and processes
- Employee Relations managing absence, disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc. Assist in the measurement of employee satisfaction and identification of areas that require improvement.
- Training - Assist in identifying and implementing training and development
- Recruitment & retention - Assist in recruitment activity and campaigns, support management with training on interview techniques etc.
- Employee Engagement - Assist in measuring employee attitudes and build on good people management and development policies
- Advise and support employees on company benefits
- Assist in delivery of new HR policies, procedures and processes
- Assist in ensuring Dept Managers are up to date with changes to any policies
- Work with Dept Managers, coaching them and advising on people issues
- Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues, using HR and company knowledge and evidencing appropriate decision making skills. Mash does call on external specialist advice when necessary. This role should be looking to minimise such issues arising.
- Manage and develop the HR administrator.
- Oversee the payroll process.
- Assist management in specific projects. Eg we are currently reviewing moving the working week from 6 days to 5 days and move payroll from weekly to monthly.
- Previous experience in a generalist HR role at HR Business Partner level is desirable
- MCIPD qualified or equivalent
- Note company has a large nightshift so flexibility in working hours is key
- Mash has grown quickly and employees have risen to management positions without HR training and support and some can be set in their ways. The ability to coach, influence and develop trust with these people is key.
- Proactive, recognise issues and opportunities and address/bring to managements attention.
- Examples of adding value as both an individual contributor and active team member
- Ability to build rapport quickly with key members of Management.
- Confident advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- It is desirable to have experience in dealing with TUPE, redundancy or other relevant HR projects
- Patient and tolerant when dealing with staff from a wide range of diverse cultures and ethnicity.
- The ability to recognise when a softer or firmer approach is necessary and the ability to deliver both.
- Strong and up to date understanding of employment legislation
- Manufacturing/Distribution/Retail experience is desirable
- Experience of Recruitment Selection processes
- High standard of computer literacy proficient in MS Word, excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
- Diplomatic and able to handle confidential issues
£45,000 - £55,000 plus package