HR Business Partner - London
HR Business Partner
This truly interesting HR Business Partner role is based in the London office of our client and reports to the Global Head of HR. The HR Business Partner will act as a partner to the organization in London by providing HR guidance and support and by implementing HR programs, policies and practices across the organisation. This role is also responsible for training design, development and delivery (where appropriate) in London and at times to the global organisation.
Details about the Client
Our client is a well regarded and key organisation in the City of London and in the Financial Services Industry. Today, our client works with more than 875 organisations and institutions from close to 70 countries.
These comprise a broad range of participants in, what is a key focus of the Financial Services market, including corporations, investment managers, government and supranational entities, insurance companies, energy and commodities firms, and international and regional banks.
In addition to market participants, our client's partners also include key components of this market's infrastructure, such as exchanges, clearing houses and repositories, as well as law firms, accounting firms and other service providers.
Detailed Job Description
This is a very exciting role reporting directly into the organisation's Global HR Director.
This will also give the successful candidate an opportunity to join an organisation at a time when there is an agenda to align HR to the wider business. You will be directly involved in shaping the way HR works and developing a new way of working where HR will start to truly partner the business.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with management on performance management, talent acquisition, talent development, staffing and compensation issues.
- Ensuring the performance management process is conducted with consistency and includes identified talent and development plans.
- Executing the staffing process, by reviewing job descriptions, developing hiring strategies and facilitating the selection process.
- Designing, developing and delivering training solutions and/or select and work with training providers to ensure quality training is delivered across the global organisation.
- Coaching and developing Managers on leadership and management skills.
- Leading the investigatory process in response to allegations, disputes, and other employee relations matters
- Being the point of contact for the escalation of issues, policy and process interpretation
- Mitigating legal employment risk and ensuring a positive, fair and supportive work environment for all employees.
- Managing assigned programs and projects.
- Providing advice and support to other regions (Asia, Europe & US) as and when necessary.
- Ensuring all day to day HR Operational activities are carried out effectively.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- proven generalist human resources experience with experience as an HR Business Partner together with training experience, in a global organization
- Ability to influence without authority and interact credibly with all levels of an organization.
- Good knowledge of learning and development practices and a broad knowledge of functional HR areas; performance management, talent management, compensation, benefits, diversity and HR Operations.
- Strong ability to promote change, manage resistance and have difficult conversations while maintaining working relationships.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Excellent consultative ability and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good facilitation and presentation skills
- CIPD qualified
What's on offer
£60,000 - £80,000
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPT13857465Z