Working closely with the Deputy CEO and Senior Leadership team, you will take responsibility for all operational HR activities such as employee relations, recruitment and policy updates.
You will also provide input into the strategic HR plan, ensuring this supports the overall aims of the Trust.
Our client is a leading Educational organisation with multiple sites across Kent. They continue to grow and are looking for an outstanding HR Manager to lead the HR function and support the wider organisation.
This is varied and interesting role covering all areas of HR and managing one direct report. Your responsibilities will include:
- Advise Trust Schools in the management of Employee Relation Cases including: Performance Management, Disciplinary, Grievances, Absence Management and Restructure & Redundancy in line with Trust Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for the effective management of ER cases across the Trust ensuring cases are progressing in a timely manner, in line with Trust policies and with appropriate support for schools.
- Manage the ER advice given to schools internally and externally to ensure schools are given the appropriate level or correct advice delivered with a high level of customer service.
- Keep the Deputy CEO informed on HR cases and policies
- Review, update, create and manage Trust HR policies and procedures to ensure they are legally compliant.
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the Trust business plan
- Provide information to Directors in the form of HR Dashboard, offering strategies to support Schools & Trust in achieving HR targets.
- Responsible for ensuring that all HR contracts with external bodies offer the Trust value for money, are effective and support the Trust business plan..
- Deliver Staff wellbeing and retention strategies that offer a value and impact
- Responsible for delivering appropriate HR training to meet the needs of staff throughout the Trust
- Manage the HR function for central staff
- Work with trade unions to consult on policy and procedure changes. Deliver a strategy to engage staff and schools with trade unions
- Introduce and manage a retention strategy for the Trust which offers value and impact on staff turnover.
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have a background withing the Education sector and will have a strong generalist background and exposure to supporting senior level stakeholders. You will be able to develop strong and effective working relationships with the ability to challenge and influence when necessary.
Basic salary £38,000 - £43,000