Senior HR & Training Business Partner - Dunstable
Senior HR & Training Business Partner
Full-Time / 12 Months Maternity Cover Fixed-Term Contract
Salary: £36,608 p.a.
Location: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, Dunstable, LU6 2LF
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and busy HR team on a maternity cover contract at ZSL. The successful candidate will help provide a consistent and effective HR service and strategically manage the HR activities of ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and the ZSL support departments to ensure that they are aligned with the business needs and HR and OD strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage complex ER cases, in the areas of disciplinaries, grievances, probation, employment tribunal applications, absence management, Terms and Conditions and casework in line with ZSL procedures and statutory requirements.
- Writing job descriptions & being an active member of the job evaluation committee.
- Writing policies and ensuring that they are communicated and implemented in an effective manner.
- Managing the HR Advisor & HR Team Administrator.
- Assisting the HR systems and employee data officer with the continued development of the iTrent system.
- Act as the HR representative in the Whipsnade Zoo Management Team meetings, Staff Forum, Health & Safety Steering Committee and other committees and meetings as required.
- Responsible for delivery and scheduling of all training courses at Whipsnade Zoo in conjunction with the training and development co-ordinator.
- To develop and manage an effective ZSL-wide talent development offer to promote career development in line with succession planning.
- To work with the Head of Training & Organisational Development on the annual budget.
- Graduate member of CIPD.
- Experience of managing, supporting and developing staff.
- Experience of leading on and managing complex employee relations casework.
- Experience of development and implementing policies, procedures and best practice guidelines.
- Experience of leading and developing talent management programmes.
- Ability to work effectively with teams, Senior Managers and Directors.
- Confident in having challenging conversations and influencing at a Senior Level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent influencing skills and credibility at Senior management level.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking on the ''Apply" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 1st October 2017.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.