3 days left
- Full Time
A top tier Investment Bank based in London is looking for a Senior Pensions Manager to join their wider Reward / Human Resources and Personnel team
Top tier Investment Bank with a global presence
The responsibilities of the Senior Pensions Manager will include:
- Procurement - with strategic leadership from the Chief Operating Officer (COO), plan and manage Trustee provider review and procurement processes to achieve cost-effective and high quality operational performance.
- Adviser management - drive performance improvement and enhanced commercial relationships with the administrator, legal adviser, tracing agent and medical adviser (plus other external providers as agreed). Apply current, technical pension's knowledge to reduce reliance on external legal and consulting support.
- Own, review and manage budgets with external providers as appropriate.
- Drive excellence in the Scheme's operational delivery to members and the Trustee.
- Member communications and engagement strategy - contribute to ongoing strategy development, including the application of market best practices to member administration and digital communication, with the application of insight from behavioural finance. Responsible for development of the communications plan. Input to and support changes to communications and engagement requirements.
- Prepare casework and make recommendations for exercises of individual discretion, and document the logic of decision- making to support consistency.
- Use DC and DB pensions expertise to support the development and agreement of Trustee business plans with regard to regular activities and periodic requirements to ensure Scheme operation meets market best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical pensions support to colleagues in the bank with a professional interest in the Pension Scheme (including, but not limited to Performance & Reward, Payroll) and the Trustees. Deliver training as required in relation to pensions operations and compliance.
- Support relevant Trustee training in accordance with regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Provide motivational leadership, set performance expectations and monitor progress and performance of direct reports and recommends ratings and salary reviews for them.
- Be responsible for the staff management of the:
- Pensions communications officer and
- Pensions administration executive.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from the Bank in HR and Finance in relation to pensions delivery, policy and change management for the Scheme.
- Implements the member communication and engagement strategy. This will be a series of rolling projects including planning, assigning key tasks, monitoring progress and evaluating results to inform future projects.
- Operational effectiveness - deliver and report on the Scheme's operational efficiency and legislative compliance to allow the Trustee to manage its responsibilities in a timely manner with suitable support and information.
- Seek continuous improvement in administration, operations and delivery mechanisms
- Implement and oversee the appropriate management of operational risks.
- Deliver professional technical pensions services to the Scheme and Trustee.
Requirements for the Senior Pensions Manager in London:
Knowledge and experience gained in a similar pensions role in the following areas:
* pension legislation and the regulatory framework governing UK pension schemes, particularly in relation to current DC compliance requirements and recent DC market developments.
* retirement options including flexibilities - legal requirement, market offerings and process
* the implications for pension schemes of corporate transactions
* pensions operational risk management.
* Experience of and understanding of procurement, outsourcing and contract management.
* Pensions operational management expertise, coupled with substantial pensions experience at a management level.
* Proven experience in staff management and development.
* Track record of successful contract negotiations with advisers and providers.
* Experience of systems and processes involved in running a DC pension scheme, including understanding of the management of interfaces with payroll and administration providers.
* Experience of budgetary control and MI reporting.
* Experience in the development of SLAs and KPIs for providers.
* Ability to establish credibility, develop and sustain relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
* Experienced in development of pension scheme member communication strategies and their successful execution.
* Experience of successful pensions project management.
* Have a degree and Pensions Management Institute (PMI) qualification or equivalent (desirable)
* A post graduate business qualification is also desirable.