Director of Apprenticeships & Training
As Director of Apprenticeships & Training Academies you will sit on the SMT, overseeing an experienced management team and covering 2 local sites.
With a background as an Engineer you will drive performance, with responsibility for a P+L and a focus on developing a market-leading Apprenticeship and Training offering that ensures ROI.
This client is an established and evolving business with strong value within the private sector.
Key responsibilities of the Director of Apprenticeships & Training Academies will include:
- Leading & developing an experienced and diverse team, as well as direct management.
- Business planning and successful implementation and ongoing review.
- Development of training programmes and plans to meet requirements.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality teaching and alignment with SFA and Ofsted.
- Implementation of relevant KPIs - driving performance around these activities.
- Working with and engaging clients and developing 3rd party relationships.
- Achievement of targets in line with the overall strategic plan.
- Working collaboratively with the Exec and SMT.
The successful candidate will have operated at a similar level within Learning/Apprenticeship environment and have experience of managing/ heading up a significant business area with responsibility for a P&L. A background in Engineering (ie as an Engineer) is ESSENTIAL. This role will suit someone who has operated at MD level, previously as an Engineer within and with relevant apprenticeship/training experience/experience of heading up this area.
Experience of manager a P+L as well as development of external relationships and new business opportunities.
You must be a self-starter and problem-solver with a commercial mind-set and an ability to spot opportunities and areas for improvement and investment, focusing on results. You must also be able to influence senior stakeholders, build sound relationships internally and present to the SMT and external clients. High level communication skills are key as well as the ability to challenge and work within a target-driven environment.
Experience with Ofsted and SFA regs is also ESSENTIAL.
Up to £120,000 + car/car allowance