4 days left
- Full Time
A leading international finance house is looking to recruit and experienced Payroll manager to look after its UK business amounting to almost 5000 employees on 3 separate payrolls. The ideal candidate will have managed staff before, prepared to muck in and have experience of working on high volume payroll in the past. The payroll is in house so in house exposure is ideal.
To provide a quality and accurate payroll service for all staff and associated companies. Also to lead and coach the 4 Payroll Officers.
- Core policies: Processing of the monthly payroll system, ledgers, journals and annual returns to the Inland Revenue.
- Limit of Authority: To process salary changes to staff members Once agreed by the appropriate line authority and one of the HR Business Partners / Reward Director
- Lead and performance manage the Payroll Officers.
- To produce and administer monthly payroll on a timely and accurate basis. To distribute payslips to staff each month.
- To liaise with HR and Reward Director as required in order to ensure that the department is kept abreast of issues and concerns.
- To administer the journal for staff salaries on a timely and accurate basis.
- To administer the benefits for staff to ensure the appropriate deduction is made from payroll; to administer the monthly season ticket ledger on an accurate and timely basis.
- To administer the savings club ledger on an accurate and timely basis.
- To administer the salaries control ledger on an accurate and timely basis.
- To deal with telephone enquiries promptly referring the query to the appropriate person when the query falls outside own knowledge and experience.
- To reconcile on a monthly basis the income tax and NI balances for checking by the Reward Director before submission to the Accounts department so that payment can be made to the Inland Revenue.
- To produce P11D's on an annual basis in a timely and accurate manner, providing a copy of each P11D's for the appropriate staff member.
- To complete all RTI submissions to HMRC on an accurate and timely manner.
- To liaise with other associated individuals and departments within the Company as required (i.e) Accounts department, IT department.
- To keep up-to-date with changes in payroll and taxation legislation that may impact on the processing and payment of remuneration.
- To ensure payroll files are in good order and that all communications with employees and outside companies are accurately recorded as per the Company's Professional Standards Manual.
- To exercise judgement when reviewing payroll files, referring to a senior colleague where appropriate.
- To ensure that all payroll procedures maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley standards and requirements.
- To provide assistance to employees with any queries or request for clarification that may occur.
- To provide assistance in other areas of the Company's business as may be required.
- Detailed understanding of integrated Oracle Payroll/HR software package.
- Detailed understanding of payroll legislation.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports.
- Confident and effective telephone skills.
- Finance Accounts System
- Oracle payroll/HR software package
Apply for Payroll Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly