Senior HR Manager
One of the leading global law firms with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific are looking to recruit a Senior HR Manager.
They are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of their practice and business services groups.
This role, reporting to the UK HR Director offers an excellent opportunity within the HR generalist team for a Manager to grow their career within the firm.
We need someone who with extensive experience in partnering leadership to provide generalist HR support within a complex matrix organisation.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on building credibility as a Business Partner and the variety of support required by a senior leadership team in Employee Relations focussed HR. This role also plays a key part in driving HR generalist strategy, developing best practices and coaching business leadership in the development and management of their teams.
You will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to your clients. You will have strong experience of working within the sector. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Senior HR Manager you will be a leader with responsibility for mentoring and supporting a team of HR generalists and a business partner collaboratively driving the people agenda, through embedding a quality, efficient and integrated HR strategy which adds value to everyday business activity within the firm.
Your remit will include:
- Provide leadership, mentoring and support to a team of HR generalists
- Provide generalist HR support on a wide range of employee relations issues
- Contribute to business strategy and identification of talent pipelines / succession plans
- Support and guide managers in disciplinary and grievance hearings
- Maintain and update technical HR skills including employment law, relevant industry trends and best practice
- Engage with business leaders in performance matters and developing talent within their function
- Coach business leaders and empower them to deliver key strategic HR messages
- Strategically support the firm during change management programmes
- Work with specialist teams to help business leaders deliver key annual processes such as PMR and salary review
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Previous HR generalist experience, ideally in a large multi-site organisation
- Proven experience working within an HR Business Partnering model
- Experience of nurturing and developing more junior HR professionals
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards this of other members of the HR team