HR Business Partner – Employee Relations (18 Months) - Swindon
Job Title HR Business Partner – Employee Relations – 18 months
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard – a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel – relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Support the development and implementation of an Employee Relations strategy that ensures positive working relationships with all Trade Unions are maintained.
• Provide information, support and guidance on Trade Union negotiations and consultations.
• Support the planning and delivery of effective employee relations practices.
• Assist the Head of Employee Relations in correspondence with Trade Unions.
• Prepare for, attend or lead a variety of Trades Union meetings.
• Contribute to the HR team in the development and delivery of employee relations good practice.
• To work proactively on your own covering a wide range of Employee Relations activities.
• Lead any legislation changes that impact Employee Relations.
Who we’re looking for
You’ll need to be:
• Able to confidently communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
• Experience of working in a unionised industry.
• Able to build strong and effective relationships with managers, colleagues and Trade Union Representatives.
• Resilient, organised, detail conscious with strong administrative, analytical and presentation skills.
• Willing to travel between GWR locations.
As a minimum you’ll need to have:
• Previous experience of working in a unionised industry.
• A good knowledge of employment legislation.
• A successful track record in dealing with complex employee relations issues.
• CIPD qualified.
• Experience in a HR Generalist or Employee Relations position.
• Good organisational skills are a key part of this role, along with attention to detail and working to agreed timescales.
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
Our headquarters is based in Swindon; there is flexibility in terms of where this post can be based on the GWR network. Travel around the GWR rail network will be required.
To apply please click the 'Apply' button.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That’s why we’re committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.