Exciting opportunity to provide a professional and confidential HR service in all aspects of HR management, offering guidance and support to line managers to ensure that legal compliance and effective and efficient delivery are maintained at all times.
Fast growing and award winning, global distribution business based in Staines
HR Advisor - Staines - distribution industry
· To provide a first line advice service on employee relations matters such as: Disciplinary, Performance Management, Grievances, and Absence Management; ensuring a practical and appropriate level of guidance and solution is offered at all time to ensure the positive resolution of all ER issues. Attending meetings as required in line with policy and Union Agreements.
· Manage all relevant supporting documentation in line with policies and procedures for all absence, grievance, harassment or disciplinary interventions from initial invites to output letters.
· Responsible for managing long term sick case files and for updating all of the relevant trackers on a weekly basis so KPIs are kept accurate.
· To provide a proactive HR service in terms of advice and guidance on the application of the business and Depot policies and procedures across the spectrum of HR activities as required.· To manage the recruitment process from initiation of a request for a position to be filled through to sourcing and final offer, ensuring that all stages have the correct sign off and are managed in a cost effective manner for all weekly and salaried staff.
· Assist in the short listing and interviewing process with Line Managers and ensure that all interviewing and assessment information is correctly completed and non discriminatory.
· Responsible for liaising with Line Managers to ensure that vacancy KPIs are achieved and that appointments are made in line with business plans and resourcing requirement.
· Responsible for the induction for appropriate salaried staff within functional area.
· Responsible for supporting the HR Administrator in ensuring that all candidates have the right to work in the UK, send off NI and WRS information and have appropriate references taken up and manage all associated issues for area of responsibility.
· Liaise with weekly payroll on all new starter, leaver, and transfer and status change information.
· Responsible for ensuring that the HR Administrator is up to date with weekly and salaried filing.
· Manage the long service awards and leavers with long service.
· Assist in developing training and development interventions with the HRBP as required.
· Delivering training as required.
· Undertake ad hoc projects and activities in agreement with the HR or Deport General Manager
· To provide support in employee and organisational development issues & projects
Qualifications, Key Skills and Experience Required:
· CIPD qualified or part qualified.
· Excellent written and verbal communication.
· Able to work well as part of a team and use own initiative.
· Has the ability to problem solve and apply lateral thinking as appropriate.
· Able to prioritise workloads and meet competing demands.
· Good presentation skills incorporating PowerPoint, Excel etc.
· Creative thinking.
· Good attention to detail and accuracy.
· Good organisational and planning skills.
· The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
Fantastic Permanent opportunity for an HR Advisor paying up to £35,000 based in Staines