HRBP (tech client group)
An exciting new role is now available within a City based Law Firm. They are looking for a HRBP to look after a technology client group of circa 100 people and will form part of the Senior Leadership Team within this business area.
he HRBP role will be broad and diverse and will cover a range of HR areas - strategy/planning, OD, recruitment, ER, stakeholder management, upskilling line managers, performance cycle, L&D, reporting, engagement, diversity, budgeting, reward and projects.
The HRBP will form part of a wider team of 50 who cover all specialisms within the business. The team are very down to earth, approachable, commercially focused, driven and at the top of their game.
This is a brand new role so the successful candidate will have a chance to really put their stand on it, work on the Leadership Team and really make a difference with the client group.
Responsibilities (brief list):
- Creating a People Plan aimed at driving a higher performance culture, engagement and commercial HR solutions to support the business line
- Ensuring the structure of the department is appropriate and meets the needs of the firm including providing advice and support on reorganisations, restructurings, redundancies and internal transfers
- Developing a resourcing plan for the department to enable recruitment, development and succession planning to be looked at more strategically
- Working closely with the Recruitment Team and being involved in the recruitment process
- Managing Employee Relations cases
- Upskilling line managers
- Conducting inductions and exit interviews
- Managing the performance review cycle for and work with other HR Managers across Business Services to ensure consistency of process
- Working with L&D and the Leadership Team to support individuals when skills gaps are identified
- Coaching and supporting the Leadership Team
- Developing strong business relationships in the Business more widely to be seen as a "trusted adviser"
- In conjunction with Reward and Benefits, managing the salary review and bonus process for Technology
- Managing the headcount review for budget purposes
- Providing regular strategic management information to the Head of Dept and managers
- Leading the employee engagement initiative and proposing recommendations
- Assisting with HR project work across Business Services
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and developments
- Embedding diversity principles
- Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a similar role with experience of working within a professional services environment.
- Qualified at graduate level and CIPD qualified
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational
- Able to deal with confidential matters with discretion
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar
- Good working knowledge of employment law and best practice HR management
- A willingness to provide feedback, share information and contribute ideas and suggestions
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- A confident, proactive individual prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative
- Active listening skills and demonstrates professionalism in all dealings
- Comfortable accepting instructions and guidance from different angles
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task, keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standard of professional ethics
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages