HR Business Partner
The Legal Ombudsman is looking for a proactive and experienced HR Business Partner to join its existing team. The organisation and whole management team is fully supportive of the impact HR can bring, if you have great ideas and you want to make a genuine difference then this is the right place for you.
This role supports the Head of HR to ensure we deliver a high quality and cost effective HR service that meets customer needs and corporate objectives. You will be expected to manage the HR operational team which includes two HR Advisors and an apprentice.
You will drive and deliver HR programmes to the organisation including employee relations, case work and recruitment, whilst promoting excellent governance and partnering closely with the operational areas of the organisation.
The successful candidate will play a key part in advising managers on all aspects of HR including employment law, innovative people management, working effectively with third parties such as occupational health and championing equality and diversity. The appropriateness and timeliness of advice will ensure that the organisation is able to manage the risks relating to people management effectively.
We are looking for someone who is able to communicate effectively and with confidence, is able to establish trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders and be able to work well under pressure. You will need to be able to work well within a team and be able to coach and guide the existing HR operational team to enable them to use their skills effectively.
The successful person will have:
- Chartered membership of CIPD (or be able to demonstrate significant comparable experience)
- Up to date knowledge of employment law legislation and how to apply it to enable the organisation to effectively manage ER issues and change management.
- Experienced in managing and handling the people aspects of change management
- Proven experience in managing contentious people issues effectively
- A track record of delivering in the areas of planning and delivering employee relations initiatives
- Experience of leading, developing and coaching HR Professionals
- Experience of working in the public sector or NDPB is desirable but not essential
Applications should be sent in by 12pm, Friday 20 October 2017. Interviews will held on Wednesday 8 November 2017. All applications need to be submitted via our website.