Graduate Recruitment Assistant
A market leading City law firm are looking for an engaging Graduate Recruitment Assistant to join their team! The ideal candidate will have at least 12 months experience within a similar role within another law firm or professional services organisation.
The role will be to assist in the attraction and recruitment of the highest calibre trainee lawyers including marketing and events, and the running of vacation schemes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
* Assist with the application and selection process for trainee lawyers and vacation scheme students, including the screening process and organisation of interview days and vacation scheme interviews.
* Assist in the planning and organisation of vacation schemes. Attend all events when required.
* Ensure the graduate recruitment website is kept up to date.
* Maintain publicity at universities and careers services.
* Assist with updating the annual marketing campaign materials.
* Take responsibility for the planning, organisation and co-ordination of campus events run throughout the year, with guidance from the Graduate Recruitment Advisor. Attend all events internally and externally when required.
* Support the Graduate Recruitment Manager with trainee development, specifically the seat rotation process and the trainee induction programme.
* Ensure the social media channels are regularly updated and assist in producing content for these.
* Liaise with external organisations (e.g. law societies, careers services, diversity organisations and suppliers) where appropriate.
* Deal with routine telephone calls and candidate enquires promptly and efficiently.
* Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Graduate Recruitment Manager.
* Provide support to any Graduate Development project as required.
* Minimum of 12 months HR or Graduate Recruitment experience gained in the legal sector or other professional services firm
* Graduate with a first or upper second class degree or equivalent
* Excellent IT skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Working knowledge of a candidate tracking system would be an advantage.
* Willingness to use software packages that are unfamiliar
* High degree of professionalism given the external contact
* Excellent organisational skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Possesses a client-centred 'can-do' attitude
* Relationship focused and understands the importance of building networks both
* internally and externally
* Willingness to work extra and on occasion unsociable hours when required especially when attending events
* Able to travel around the UK when running events