Assistant HR Manager
My client is an accountancy firm with offices based across London and the South East. They are looking for an Assistant HR Manager to join the HR team based in their City office. The HR team are super supportive and friendly and they are looking a like-minded HR professional from a Professional Services background.
About the role:
The Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for managing a HR Administrator so previous management experience is a must. The purpose of the role is twofold and split between having responsibility for HR operations; ensuring all processes and reporting are being provided correctly and on time. The Assistant HR Manger will also be responsible for an allocated client group of employees, providing an efficient and effective HR advisory service to those clients.
- To review all HR operations and processes to assess whether they are fit for purpose, recommending alternatives where appropriate
- To be responsible for overseeing the formulation of HR 'how-to' process workflows for all HR operations
- To oversee and authorise the preparation and issue of appropriate contractual documentation in relation to appointments, terminations and variations of employment.
- To oversee and review payroll on a monthly basis
- To advise and assist HR team with more complex employee relations issues
- To manage adhoc HR project work
- Supports and develops the remaining HR team with their professional development, ensuring they are appropriately involved in operational issues and project work.
- To manage recruitment within client group, working closely with the Recruitment Advisor.
- To run monthly payroll for client group.
- To builds and maintain an excellent knowledge of the allocated group's goals, employees and business processes.
- To act as point of contact for the employees and Partners within client group and build strong relationships with those individuals.
- To manage complex employee relations issues and HR projects
- To ensure HR Manager, relevant Partners and Executive Board are made aware of sensitive employee relations issues.
- To actively identify gaps and propose and implement change.
- To manage salary review and appraisals for allocated group, identifying employees ready for promotion/performance review.
- To attend appraisal meetings for allocated group where required.
- To work with the Learning and Development team to identify and prepare career development plans for key employees.
- To support and advise Partners/Managers in relation to people issues, ensuring they understand the impact of these on the individual and the business.
What do you need to be considered?
- A good standard of education (A-levels) and CIPD qualified
- At least 10 years HR experience within a professional services environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of employment law with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and ability to apply this to employee relations cases.
- Experience of leading on organisational change projects including restructures and redundancies.
- Experience of TUPE
- Experience of assisting with salary review processes.
- Experience of assisting with budgets.
- Experience of formal report writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to mutli-task.
- Professional and approachable with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitation and mediation skills.
- Willingness to undertake business travel to other sites on a frequent basis.
Apply for Assistant HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly