HR Advisor, HR Adviser, Human Resources, HR Officer, Recruitment, Internal Recruitment,
I am currently recruiting for a permanent full time HR Advisor to be based on the outskirts of Cambridge just off the A14.
Reporting into the HR Manager, your role would be diverse with scope to develop and offer career development internally. The company offer a supportive team environment with generous company benefits and free car parking on site and this role would also consider candidates who wish to step up into an HR Advisor role as career development.
Location: UK - Cambridge
About the Role: We are currently seeking a HR Advisor to provide a proactive, responsive, business-focused generalist HR service to managers and employees across the organisation (multiple sites).
The role will support and assist the HR Manager on a day-to-day basis, including the administration of HR documentation.
The HR Advisor will act as a key member of the Global HR Team and work closely with HR colleagues in other localities, including the US.
Ability to travel within the UK and internationally is required.
- Provide ongoing coaching and guidance to line managers across the group in talent acquisition, performance management and absence management.
- Assist HR Manager in setting up and reviewing HR processes including talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, absence management and learning and development activities, including management development.
- Prepare HR reports and metrics for a variety of managers across the group.
- Assist in the revision of HR policies and handbooks.
- Deliver presentations at a variety of meetings across the group.
- Utilize and develop Workday and other systems to streamline and enhance the activities of HR and the Company.
- Good up-to-date knowledge of employment law and its practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of talent acquisition methods and application.
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR metrics and how to make effective use of these.
- Good knowledge and understanding of performance management systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS and data management (Workday experience is particularly welcomed).
- Knowledge and understanding of compensation and reward, including payroll administrative processes.
- Strong experience in recruitment at all stages of the recruitment cycle.
- Demonstrable experience in advising managers at all levels on ER related issues.
- Experience in advising managers on use of performance management systems.
- Experience of leading disciplinaries, grievances and investigations.
- Good experience of implementing new systems and processes across organizations.
- Good understanding and experience of introducing best practice in HR.
- Experience of updating policies and procedures.
- Good experience of working with payroll administrative processes.
- Good IT skills, including working with HRIS (Workday preferred).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a wide range of employees at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation, written and listening skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Demonstrable ability to collate, interpret and recommend practical solutions which are appropriate to the circumstances.
- Good ability to identify root causes and find practical solutions to issues in a timely way.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and multiple projects effectively.
- Good administrative skills.
Attributes and Behaviours:
- A champion of core company values.
- Proactive and responsive.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Works well on own and as part of a team.
- Willingness and ability to use own initiative.
- Good level of self-awareness.
- Positive approach to self-development.
- Ability to work in rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Travel to other sites, including internationally (Albeit on a very rare occasion), is required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for HR Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly