HR Managing Consultant - M&A - Associate Director
My client global Management Consultancy and a market leader in providing Deal Advisory services to clients when they are buying, selling, or transforming businesses.
The HR M&A team is a specialist team and has been helping clients with their people related issues in M&A for over 12 years. They work at the forefront of transactions, helping both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal people and organisational issues related to M&A. Having established that one of the biggest reasons for deals failing is people, this M&A team helps to mitigate this. They deal with all aspects of the employee journey in M&A, from early stage strategy development and organisational design for carve-outs, to synergy cases and cost benefits, employee experience and corporate cultures, developing TUPE transfer processes and Union negotiation strategies. We work together to develop solutions to the issues our clients may face, and understand the financial benefits or risks that may be present from a people perspective
They are now looking for an Associate Director role who is a key role to the team - developing the practice and proposition areas, leading and delivering global projects, and working alongside the C-suite of global organisations.
Associate Directors will also work alongside Partners and Directors, providing one to one coaching as well significant internal and external courses, and performance management, to help develop them and rapidly build their careers.
You will be responsible for leading client delivery and supporting practice development for the HR M&A team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, plan and deliver HR M&A programmes and HR due diligence.
- Leading and supporting our clients through strategy development, organisational design, people transitions, employee experience and synergy/cost analysis programmes arising from acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs and other transactions.
- Delivering and/or reviewing high quality, transaction reports and other M&A documentation including HR due diligence and Transitional Service Agreements. Drawing on knowledge and experience to provide high quality and deep insights and recommendations to our clients.
- Leading client meetings, interviews, and key client workshops, including the design and build of workshop materials.
- Interfacing with senior internal and external stakeholders both at clients and within the business, acting as a credible sounding board on HR M&A related matters.
- Managing relationships with key C level executives at clients.
- Supporting and contributing to the growth plans of our HR M&A business
- Leading, coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying and driving opportunities for wider business as a result of work in transactions
- Owning engagement management including quality and risk management for the project
- Provide support to a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions, development of tools, methodologies and templates.
Significant experience in a consulting firm or industry of preparing and delivering HR, OD or Strategy programmes in a M&A environment including:
- HR due diligence (buyside and sell side) - writing and reviewing Vendor assist
- Planning and execution of integrations and separations across strategy and OD, people transition, culture, employee experience, infrastructure, and systems.
- HR Operations, including people, process, governance, service management, technology and contracts.
- Design, negotiation and operation of HR related transitional services.
Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- HR processes and employment law aspects such as restructuring and redundancy, union negotiation and workers agreements globally.
- Financial analysis of deals from a people/organisational cost and synergy perspective.
- HR operating models, including organisation and supplier strategy.
- Employee Engagement / Culture.
- Organisational design and strategic/financial options for organisations or functions.
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle and the role of HR and strategy within it - starting from due diligence through to concluding transitional service agreements.
- Leading and facilitation of client meetings and interviews.
- Leading a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff.
- Team management experience, including experience in development and growth plans.
- Bachelor's degree qualification, professional qualification welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting.
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects.
- Experience of HR outsourcing, supplier management and procurement.
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid situations and a highly pressured environment.
- You will need to be willing to travel.