Head of Employee Relations - UK & I
A rare opportunity as arisen to join the UK HR Leadership team in an influential role responsible for the UK ER strategy.
A leading technology business with a household brand name.
Fundamental aspects of this role include Employee Relations (case management), Industrial Relations, policies, procedures and Legal Employment Compliance along with:
- Sustaining positive relationships with senior UK business stakeholders and ensuring both input, awareness and compliance of UK ER Strategy is fulfilled
- Maintaining an oversight and thorough understanding of the live agreements with employee bodies and ensuring they are continually reviewed and remain fit for purpose
- Owning both the UK engagement platform (outside of I&C) and topics which need to be consulted on with the new body. Ensuring subsequent consistency of any Trade Union consultation
- Ensuring close alignment of UK IR/ER/Legal/Policy issues and strategy
Interested candidates should come from the technology sector, be operating at a senior level and managing a team. You should also have experience of working across multiple geographies in a matrixed business. You will be a self motivator, who enjoys working with autonomy and who values being accountable for their personal delivery.
You will also have proven demonstrable experience of:
- Leading employee and industrial relations within a complex business
- Managing and developing a team
- Assessing strategic and commercial risk from an ER/IR perspective
- Trade Union engagement including negotiations and collective bargaining
- Large, complex employment agreements
NB - Candidates must be happy to travel in the UK and will be expected to spend at least one day a week in London if based in the North, or 2 days a week in Manchester if Southern based.
Salary up to £100k along with a car allowance, bonus and broader benefits package.
Candidates must be happy to travel in the UK and will be expected to spend at least one day a week in London if based in the North, or 2 days a week in Manchester if Southern based.