The role is permanent and full time requiring a HR Advisor with strong generalist experience and ER exposure.
The client is a retail business in Crewe who specialise in the FMCG market. They are significantly growing and have an employee focused approach.
- Act as a first point of contact for staff and managers regarding any general HR queries including terms & conditions of employment, pensions queries and advice on pay and remuneration issues
- Take responsibility for drafting general HR correspondence as required e.g changes regarding employees terms and conditions of employment; handling employee reference requests, leavers correspondence and conducting exit interviews; changes to the Staff Handbook
- Assist line managers to understand and implement HR policies & procedures to a high standard, applied consistently
- High volume ER case management and advising on all ER matters
- Advise line managers as required in updating/drafting job descriptions and person specification
- Ensure that the recruitment and selection procedures agreed are adhered to and applied consistently and fairly
- Take responsibility for the full recruitment cycle including the drafting of job adverts, advice on where to place job adverts, arrange & participate in interview panels including selection criteria and recruitment decision
- Develop or revise HR Policies and Procedures to reflect changes in Employment Law
- Train Line Managers to use the HR Policies and Procedures competently and consistently deal with employee relations cases, such as discipline, grievance, capability etc
- Specifically arrange disciplinary, grievance, and complaints hearings in accordance with policies and procedures
- Advise on and calculate occupational and statutory sickness, maternity, paternity, parental leave and annual leave entitlements.
- Provide support to managers by producing sickness absence monitoring reports
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records for all staff including individual staff training and qualification records using the HR Information System (Open HR)
The ideal candidate will be:
- CIPD Level 5 qualified
- Have strong ER case management experience
- Have a generalist HR background
- Have strengths in MI/ HR Analysis
A permanent role paying up to £32,000 working for a leading retail business.