This is an exceptional opportunity for an HR Manager to join a highly successful Manufacturing and Production plant near Duns, in the Scottish Borders. In this very welcoming and friendly site, you will be responsible for HR, ensuring Global policies and procedures are translated to address local structures and priorities.
Details about the Client
Ahlstrom-Munksjö provides fiber-based materials for applications such as filters, medical fabrics, life science and diagnostics, wallcoverings and food packaging. At this particular site in Chirnside they manufacture rolled goods which then are used for the end product of tea bags, sausage casings and coffee pods. There is also a site in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester where the raw materials are produced to then be transported to Chirnside. The factory in Chirnside has been around since 1842 and has always been a paper based operation so there is a huge amount of history and heritage to the site.
Detailed Job Description
As HR Manager for Ahlstrom-Munksjö you will be responsible for 135 employees in Chirnside and 26 employees in Radcliffe. You will have full local HR responsibility for;
- Leading all HR related activities.
- Driving implementation of global HR policies, directives, processes, structures and tools.
- Coach and support managers and employees through the full employee life-cycle.
- Drive and develop high quality and efficient HR Administration, payroll processes and services.
- Manage all employee relations issues including sickness and absence, disciplinary and grievance.
- Designing, delivering and organising training and working with managers on succession planning.
- Purchase orders, safety clothing and canteen responsibilities are also handled by the HR team.
This role will form part of the Global HR group but will report directly in to the Plant Manager.
The successful HR Manager for this role with Ahlstrom-Munksjö will be a true HR generalist with;
• Experience within a manufacturing environment.
• A combination of operational and strategic insight.
• A solid track record of developing and delivering processes.
• Experience of managing a team of HR specialists.
• Ability to travel to the site in Radcliffe around once per month.
• A desire to be part of a global organisation with world-wide opportunities.
What's on offer
In return for delivering as HR Manager you will receive a salary of circa £45,000 plus bonus, 31 days holiday (increasing after 5 years), generous pension, Healthcare, health insurance and social events throughout the year.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPT13865092Z