HR Manager - West Sussex
Up to 30,000K dependant on experience
To provide a professional, effective, efficient and confidential Human Resource support to all levels of management, colleagues and employees of the business on matters relating to employment legislation, employment welfare, training and development.
Responsibilities and Duties
- This is a standalone position adding value to the company by working with managers to improve people practices
- Drive business performance through the creation and delivery of HR strategy and solutions.
- In conjunction with the Leadership team design, implement and coordinate consistent policies, procedures, contracts etc.
- Ownership of Health and Safety taking lead on the organisational committee and ensuring project delivery
- Owner and initiator of training matrix requirements ensuring all team members are at the required industry levels.
- To introduce, implement and measure strategies to enhance employee engagement
- Attend key company meetings to ensure the people agenda is discussed at the correct level
- Provide a professional and confidential service to all stakeholders.
- Coach, challenge and advise the management team to ensure business objectives are met
- Lead relevant HR projects
- Help leaders nurture talent in the site through use of talent toolkits, succession planning, potential review processes as well as line manager and leadership actions.
- Management and review of individual’s KPIs, developing strategies to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure HR administration and employee data is managed effectively and accurately, including starter and leaver administration, on boarding, recruitment and induction
Qualifications and Skills
- Broad generalist HR knowledge of current statutory regulations
- Resilient and excellent at forming relationships
- Persuasive and assertive personality
- Quick at picking things up in a fast paced environment
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ideally full CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD qualification or qualification by experience
- Experience within Food, Manufacturing, Engineering or Logistics is preferred
- Experience working with manufacturing industry standard audits