HRBP - commercial background
Are you an inquisitive, commercial and flexible HR professional with experience in the hospitality or retail sector who enjoys problem solving and is hands-on in your approach? My client, a leading and highly reputable retail brand, is looking for an experienced HRBP with experience gained working in hospitality or retail to join their dynamic team in central London.
The successful HRBP will be responsible for owning and driving the delivery of HR agenda and HR plans for the retail and hospitality functions. This will be achieved through great management and leadership practice and initiatives to enable change. With a strong focus on resourcing at peak times you will lead the recruiting process to ensure hiring success with managers seeing you as a trusted advisor. In addition you will contribute to the culture of the business and help improve employee engagement, retention and develop internal talent. This position requires drive, tenacity, creativity, resilience, initiative, good humour, high energy, a strong sense of urgency and interpersonal savvy.
You will act as a partner to the business to fulfil all HR requirements:
- Proactive partnering with multiple business areas
- Develop and deliver HR plans for business areas including coaching some leaders with this
- Understanding the retail and hospitality teams and organisation - identify reasons for attrition, retention strategies, talent and critical people, seeking development opportunities, leading on employee engagement survey and action planning and, own and drive initiatives relating to this
- Manage the employee experience in line with brand values
- Undertake competent with commercial discussions with leaders to influence change
- Drive performance through embedding process and keeping effectiveness on the agenda
- Developed KPIs and reporting for business areas in line with other members of the HR team and business requirements
- Coaching leaders and managers
- Ownership for resourcing requirements and in partnership with hiring managers and other key stakeholders; own the sourcing, selection, and offer management for recruitment
- Implement innovative and proven strategies to source a highly qualified and diverse candidate pool; proactively research and investigate new ideas
- Own and drive pay review ensuring fairness and consistency
- Contribute to pay benchmarking and lead the data collation for the head office area
- Vendor negotiation and management including development of PSL
- Degree educated and CIPD qualified
- Extensive experience of operating as a HRBP within the retail or hospitality sector
- Operates at a senior level being able to deputise for the Head of Department as and when required
- Be able to influence and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead HR for their area in a personalised, professional and articulate manner, demonstrating credibility and influencing skills at every level (Executives, External Stakeholders, Peers etc.)
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.