HR Business Partner - Ipswich
HR Business Partner
This role will work closely with senior managers/stakeholders in designated areas of the business to deliver a people agenda that supports the overall vision and strategy for the business.
Role reports to the Senior HR Business Partner.
- Role supports specified areas of the business.
- Regular interface with HR colleagues, Directors, managers and employees.
- No direct budget or line management responsibility.
- To work strategically and operationally with business areas in a business partnering capacity to ensure HR support is provided to enable them to meet their objectives.
- Work closely with the supported business areas to implement and deliver the HR Strategy/People Plan to include: resource planning, organisational effectiveness, talent, succession planning, employee engagement and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high performance culture.
- Provide support and guidance to managers with complex employee relations issues, i.e. discipline and grievance, absence management, performance management, etc.
- Ensure that line managers are equipped with the skills to coach their people to high levels of performance and ongoing development of their skills.
- Support training/competency programmes and work with the business to embed them as business as usual.
- Utilise the HR KPI’s to shape and drive local action plans i.e. to reduce absenteeism, improve local engagement, etc.
- Lead on key change projects.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
- Participate in HR projects as and when required.
- Liaise with HR Business Partners in other areas of the business in order to work collaboratively on cross business issues and share best practice.
- Work with the broader HR Team, to provide the best solutions for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience.
- Proven track record as a HR Generalist, with experience of supporting multi-site, disparate Corporate/Group functions.
- Previous experience of leading on change projects.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong personal impact and relationship building skills.
- Sound up to date knowledge of employment legislation.
- Experience of coaching and influencing managers.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Able to build effective relationships and be able to work as a team member.
- Confident and self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
Measures of Success:
- Effective people plans in place.
- Achievement of KPIs.
- Responsive and delivers in a positive, timely and effective way.
- Credible and professional.
How You Need to Act:
- Honest – We say what we mean and do what we say, we’re genuine and true to our word.
- Energised – We’re passionate about our daily activities and have the drive to turn ideas into action.
- Achieving – We’re focused on our goals and determined to succeed. We work hard to deliver innovative solutions to help us do things better for the benefit of our Group.
- Together – We work collaboratively with our colleagues, customers and stakeholders with a friendly approach and recognise the value each of us brings to achieving our Group vision.