Head of HR Operations (Including Employee Relations) - London
Head of HR Operations (Including Employee Relations)
£45,935 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join our HR team to support the delivery of the HR strategy, lead projects, provide strategic support to the Head of HR and oversee HR operations and employee relations. The role will be responsible for providing HR advice on strategic and operational issues to the Museums leadership team.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Managing the HR Operations and Employee Relations teams
- Providing support in the development of the HR strategy and the wider Museum strategy
- Ensuring delivery of agreed HR strategies, plans and objectives
- Representing the HR department on a range of issues within the Museum
- Providing best practice HR services to all staff
- Identifying and driving continuous improvement within HR processes and procedures
- Organisational change
- Project management
- Complex case management.
As a key member of the HR team you will need to have a positive attitude and flexible approach to work, as well as the ability to prioritise workloads and meet challenging deadlines. A skilled communicator, you will need to develop and build effective relationships and influence a diverse range of colleagues. You will also handle non-routine issues with professionalism and competence.
Applicants should be educated to Degree level and be a Chartered Member of the CIPD or have equivalent experience. To be considered you must have experience of managing all aspects of employee relations and operational HR, including both strategic and operational.
About the British Museum:
Founded in 1753, the British Museum’s remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. The Museum is one of the leading visitor attractions with over six million visitors in 2016 and its world-famous collection includes the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures, Egyptian mummies, the Admonitions Scroll, and the Amaravati sculptures.
The Museum adheres to the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) requirements for all staff at the British Museum.
The Museum supports a diverse workplace and offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Membership of the civil service pension scheme
- Free entry to a wide range of museums and exhibitions
- Participation in private and public Museum activities, including talks by leading curators from around the world and behind-the-scenes opportunities to learn how museums care for and manage their extraordinary collections
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Child care voucher scheme
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on food and gift shop purchases.
If you are a positive individual, passionate about the Museum and would like to know more about this exciting opportunity, please click the 'Apply' button below.
Closing Date: 26th February 2018