A Financial Services company based in the City of London, require an HR Assistant on a contract basis for 6-12 months. The role is paying up to £35,000 per annum.
This is the perfect role for a candidate who thrives on working in a faced paced target driven environment, who like to work to strict deadlines. The role is to support the Head of HR and work closely alongside the HR officer.The successful candidate must have payroll experience.
- Management of Joiners: employment offers, meeting starters and ensuring probationary reviews are completed.
- Recruitment: writing job advertisements, working alongside side agenices regarding both temp and perm vacancies.
- Work alongside the HR Administrator and wider team to support the appraisal process and salary review.
- Training: identifying training needs from annual performance appraisals.
- Administration: responsible for key administration process for the HR department, including updating the HR database and employee information, monitoring holidays and other absence and flagging any issues to the Head of HR / Line Managers, preparing references and managing filing systems both PC and paper files.
- Prepare monthly payroll report in a timely manner and make changes on Sage Payroll
- Ensure all changes, including unpaid leave, Cyclescheme, salary advance loans, childcare vouchers, maternity and paternity leave and personal information changes are correctly reported, all starters and leavers are added and other ad-hoc reports are prepared
- Same day response to staff queries where possible
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records by preparing, processing, scanning and filing documentation relating to employee changes/issues in a timely manner.
- Draw up letters to confirm contract changes, tailored to individual requirements and in a clear and accurate manner
- Track and regularly report on employees' visa statuses, and undertake research into visa requirements as needed
- Provide administrative support for reference, mortgage/letting queries or employee detail changes
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested by the HR team
- Keep track of employment law changes and assist in updating policies and procedures when required, with support from the team
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and bring them to the attention of the team
- Be proactive in researching HR topics and engaging in discussion and development of the HR support function
- Assist with any other ad hoc tasks
- Be trained to provide Reception cover when requested
The successful candidate should possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of the relevant Employment Law
- Proven Experience in a similar role
- Word and Excel to advanced level
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Organisational Skills
SR Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.