Learning & Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced L&D manager to lead a growing team of training specialists within a dynamic organisation. The successful L&D manager will be able to demonstrate strong leadership experience (managing a team of 5) and the ability to conduct training needs analysis, design, delivery and provide strategic insights to senior executives.
My client is a nationally recognised organisation who are based in a modern head office in Surrey
- Leading a team of 5 professionals responsible for the operational delivery of Learning and Development across the UK.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of a nationwide Learning and Development strategy to meet the changing needs of the organisation and its representatives to include developing an effective training needs analysis across the organisation and ensuring that there are effective methods in place to evaluate success against agreed outcomes.
- Developing and delivering Leadership and Engagement programmes across the organisation.
- Procuring, and managing contracts with external trainers and training providers ensuring the consistent delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders, particularly the Senior Executive Team and the Board.
- Assisting with and contributing to the Learning and Development budget.
- Providing regular updates to key stakeholders on the output of the Learning and Development team, based on robust analysis and evaluation.
- Reviewing the full range of Learning and Development activity to ensure that the organisation is using the best mix of channels and content to achieve its objectives.
- Overseeing the development and management of training resources including training materials and training delivery.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Have significant experience designing, delivering and evaluating development activities. Experience of working in a complex NFP or public sector organisation would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams
- Proven ability implement an impactful L&D strategy that adds value to the organisation
- Have previous Programme Management experience of a range of learning initiatives, especially at a senior level.
- Have experience of working with complexity and organisational change.
- Analytical approach to reviewing and evaluating training initiatives.
£55,000 - £60,000 Basic
Excellent benefits including 35 hour working week, free lunch, onsite parking, onsite gym, very good pension and an easily accessible modern working environment.