This HR Manager role reporting into the CEO of a data communications and IT company based in London is a generalist role, working both operationally within the small HR team as well as partnering with the CEO for strategic projects.
Our client, a London based data communications IT company provides a network linking businesses with ISP's and the network operators. The provide simple solutions for their customer to communicate more seamlessly and effectively using a wide choice of connectivity, voice and cloud solutions. They are a rapidly growing their business and have also been ranked in the Times Top 20 Best Small Companies to Work For.
In this generalist HR Manager for this data communications IT company based in London, you will be responsible for everything to do with people. Working autonomously you will continuously evolve the HR department, ensuring success internally and externally with our Best Companies to Work For awards and Investors in People accreditations.
- Managing adverts and applications to prepare shortlists for interview.
- Assist managers in the selection, recruitment assessment and induction of new employees.
- Meet agreed budgeted requirements.
- Preparation of employee requisitions.
- Provide advice and guidance to operational management on compliance with employment legislation and HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with grievance/disciplinary issues and procedures, in particular, the investigation process.
- Support line managers in the operation of the absence management procedure, ensuring that company absence targets are achieve and absence is managed effectively.
- Provide advice and guidance on pay, allowances and other benefits and conditions.
- Assist with monthly payroll and absence reporting processes to comply with company deadlines.
- Undertake ad hoc project work to meet operational plans.
- Organise monthly meetings with management and staff.
- Maintain HR database with records such as training and competencies.
- Comply and assist with company projects such as ISO9001 and Investors in People.
- Regular visits to other company offices, such as Hemel Hempstead NOC, to ensure consistency in HR procedures and review of staff performance.
- Organise and review staff training needs.
- Responsible for office environment and benefits including work-space and benefits such as breakfast.
- Organise quarterly events and team building events.
As the successful HR Manager for this London based data delivery IT company, you will have;
- At least 10 years experience in human resources, with 5 years experience in full spectrum of human resources or generalist role.
- Good understanding of local employment legislation
- Team orientated with excellent interpersonal skills to engage with all levels of staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and be ready to take on a great deal of responsibility
- Able to work independently on assigned projects
- Must have enthusiasm and approach-ability as an HR leader
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Bachelor's degree qualified
A salary for £45,000 - £55,000 + a great benefits package