Head of HR - London
Head of HR
- Lead HR Role
- Board level position reporting directly into the Managing Director
About Our Client
Total UK Limited is the 'Marketing & Services' affiliate of Total Group in the UK, operating at the end of the Oil & Gas supply chain selling speciality products (Bitumen, Special Fluids, Lubricants and Aviation Fuels) to both the private and public sectors.
Total is a French multinational integrated Energy group, part of the "Supermajor Six", and also one of the oldest petroleum companies in the world. Its businesses cover the entire oil and gas chain, from crude oil and natural gas exploration and production to power generation, transportation, refining, petroleum product marketing, and international crude oil and product trading. It is also a large-scale chemicals manufacturer and a leading investor in Solar and Biomass energies.
As we speak, Total Group is the 4th largest Oil & Gas and 2nd largest Solar Energy provider worldwide, making it one of the most productive companies in the world.
- Align Human Resources dept. with the strategic roadmap of Marketing & Services, to deliver a comprehensive service; ensuring adequate knowledge, skills and attitude to effectively support and achieve all objectives.
- Projection, manage and control HR budgets within all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all HR finance related tasks are executed and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Advise managers on all employee relations matters.
- Ensure Total UK employment policies are up to date and meet legislative and corporate guidelines.
- Coordinate the Annual Performance Review process and the definition of Individual Objectives, following guidelines from M&S HR head office and support management throughout this process.
- Lead Total UK recruitment, ensuring that the right people are recruited for the right job.
- Liaise with external lawyers and handle employment tribunal cases if needed.
- Prepare and manage Total UK succession plans, liaising with M&S HR head office when needed
- Develop TUK's remuneration and reward strategy including accurate execution of annual and mid year salary and bonus reviews.
- Ensure that all payroll related activities are executed correctly and accurately.
- Ensure external benchmarking of remuneration and benefits policies and submit proposals for revision when necessary.
- Manage all aspects of the Global Mobility processes for Total UK.
- Accountable for all Total UK employee benefits and act as the healthcare trustee on behalf of Total UK employees.
- Ensure the HRIS data and activity is managed correctly and in line with audit requirements.
- Responsible for Internal communications, including the intranet, employee communications in all media (email distribution, e-magazines, surveys…)
- Responsible for overseeing office management activities.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree level and qualified CIPD, with extensive senior generalist HR experience.
- Experience of managing teams.
- Excellent communication, organisational, negotiation and influencing skills are required.
- Ideally the jobholder should also have had practical experience outside of HR, as a good understanding of the business is advantageous to ensure practical, cost effective application of policies.
- French language skills are essential
What's on Offer
£70,000 - £75,000 plus a generous benefits package.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPT13898365Z
Closing Date: 20/03/2018