- Full Time
A fantastic opportunity to work for a global insurance firm with a difference.
The role of the HR Manager is to develop, lead and implement the people strategy for the business unit and a technology based subsidiary company.
You will be responsible for leading the day to day operation of the HR function.
The HR Manager will play a valuable role delivering the divisional HR strategy, taking the lead on divisional projects as needed.
Deliver high quality people policies and practices, which are aligned to the business strategy and support the motivation and retention of employees, managing effectively and proportionately the risks relating to employing people in London.
This will include:
- Responsibility for the maintenance of HR policies and procedures.
- Implementing a coordinated approach to talent management and diversity.
- Managing the HR budget, providing HR MI to the management team to support business decisions.
Promoting a positive and productive work environment and facilitating effective employee communication in accordance with the Company's Principles and Behaviours
- Advising on complex HR queries and managing employee relations issues
- Providing expert support and advice to managers in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Supporting the business to manage change as it grows
Help run the annual salary benchmarking and performance management process. This will include preparing the presentation of detailed data for calibration meetings to a high standard.
Help develop the organisation's Training and Development strategy working with management to identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives with the goal of enhancing employees' skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
Assist with the annual benefits review process, ensuring that the benefits package is competitive and cost effective.
Qualifications & Expertise
- CIPD qualified
- Significant experience gained in operational HR roles of:
o Performance management
o Talent development and recruitment
o Presenting to and influencing leadership & management teams
o Developing a positive employee experience and culture
o Running change projects and implementation of change
o Overseeing HR process and developing policy
- Intellectual rigour with the ability to handle complexity and ambiguity
- Team player who is willing to get their "hands dirty"
- High personal integrity
- Personally robust and courageous with the ability to take difficult decisions and challenge "old thinking"
- Energetic, passionate and empathetic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills