Group HR Director - London
Group HR Director
- Opportunity to define the People strategy in a newly-created role
- International career opportunity
About Our Client
Focused on academic excellence, Inspired is a global group of premium schools established in 2013 and has since grown to over 30 co-educational, non-denominational independent schools across 11 global locations. With an ambitious growth strategy driven by building new schools as well as acquiring existing successful ones, the business is currently responsible for educating over 24,000 students (employing over 3,000 staff) and continues to invest in developing and building new school across its global network. The business is now looking to appoint its first Group HRD to ensure the continued commitment to driving a consistent and proactive people agenda. The individual will need to be proactive, results driven and capable of operating both at a strategic level as well as being hands on.
Inspired was founded by Nadim M Nsouli following the acquisition of Reddam House, a leading group of schools in South Africa. Since then, Inspired has grown to over 30 co-educational, non-denominational independent schools across 5 continents: Europe, Australia, Latin America, Asia and Africa.
As well as ensuring academic excellence, Inspired also enriches students lives through performing arts and sports programs designed to nurture and encourage the children of today to become the adults of tomorrow. The business aims to ensure all their students are as well-equipped as possible to deal with the competitive nature of the workforce they will enter and the challenges of the leadership positions many of them will hold.
Built around three core pillars - academic excellence, performing arts and sports, the senior team work together through their collective experience to ensure the group takes a fresh and contemporary approach to education, driving and supporting pioneering academic experiences for all of its students.
The organisation places its core values at the centre of the teaching approach. With a vision to create confident, tolerant and resilient young people it encourages and develops core skills of curiosity, confidence and security.
As a new role in the Inspired business, candidates will broadly -
- Define, shape and execute the full people agenda and longer term Global HR strategy
- Work as a sole contributor (with the support of Africa HR Director), engaged in the tactical execution of all HR policies and procedures in a fast paced / entrepreneurial environment.
- Identify efficiency's and process improvement across the Group to add clear financial value
- Support and counsel the Chairman, Regional CEOs and wider Senior Leadership team on all aspects of employee relations, operating as a true business partner, with the skill to think creatively around a problem and the foresight to spot and flag potential issues before they occur
- Work with the regional businesses to design policy, process and practice and agree adaptations to Global and local approaches
- Acting as coach and mentor to the leadership team supporting the formation of a Group level not regional level culture
- Be the custodian of talent acquisition, talent management, succession planning, reward and recognition with the aim of ensuring a meritocratic approach to reward and promotion
- Drive Employee Engagement both locally and regionally at all levels to encourage individual creativity & encourage employee retention
- Collaborating with ELT on the administration and communication of compensation programmes, job levels, bonus schemes and equity plans
- Ensure the completeness and integrity of all people data
- Consult with internal and external legal counsel as appropriate in order to optimally manage employee relations
The Successful Applicant
Interested candidates will have to share the vision and passion of Inspired and be committed to providing best in class education both for its fee paying students and those successful in gaining one of the means-tested scholarships. You should be able to demonstrate a clear people vision and be able to support and promote the business's onward growth agenda. This role is targeting those who are comfortable in a role which will see you both as a full generalist contributor of all operational and tactical HR best practice, as well as partnering the ELT/SLT to translate the commercial strategy into an appropriate group people function.
An ability to work at pace will be essential, as will the ability to ensure the people strategy is scalable and appropriate for the various International territories it will support. Ideally candidates will come from highly commercial, service and people centric environments, those which are geographically complex and highly entrepreneurial in nature. In summary - a well-rounded HR generalist who is happy establishing process and procedure as well as contributing to the longer term vision of the group.
With strong communication skills and an ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally, the candidate should also be a brand ambassador and be able to represent the business across all country locations. The individual will need to be results driven, capable of operating at a strategic level but be equally focused on hands on delivery and ownership of all aspects operational HR.
In addition candidates must:
- Have general knowledge of the principles and practices of International / European human resources management. They need to have worked with different regions
- Work in a people centric sector - primarily private education, hospitality and leisure or white collar service organisations
- Have an ability to make recommendations and provide solutions to problems or issues
- Be a perceptive, strong listener who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels and able to establish and clearly add value and contribute to the efficiency of the business
- Be numerate, articulate, confident and an excellent communicator
- Have an ability to work flexibly, calmly and efficiently whilst responding to multiple and ever changing business priorities
- Be self-motivated, proactive, results orientated and dynamic individual prepared to go the extra mile
- Have experience with process improvement and acquisitions / business integration
In addition candidate must have:
- Relevant bachelors/master's degree (CIPD fully qualified)
- 10+ years of relevant, progressive experience in roles of increasing seniority, with a number of years partnering the ELT
- A willingness to travel internationally to support the business as needed. Travel will not be substantial.
What's on Offer
Salary up to £140,000 plus bonus
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPPT13894700Z