This is a great opportunity to be part of one of the most exciting and innovative charities in England. The charity has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials that will help to improve cancer outcomes in the region.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, you will act as the lead for all HR support and advice across the Charity. Responsibilities include regularly reviewing and driving improvements in the employee journey, upskilling line managers and staff and providing grassroots employee relations support. As the People Partner you will have a strong ‘can do’ attitude and act as an ambassador for the Charity, the role will be based at their office in Harrogate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The People Partner will act as the lead for all HR support and advice across the Charity. Overseeing all aspects of the employee journey, the role will focus on continuously improving the employee experience whilst ensuring the right balance of two key drivers - value and engagement. This will ensure the Charity is best placed to achieve it’s strategic aims and help the Charity create the best working environment possible.
In return, you will be joining a team that is passionate and dedicated to people and communities in Yorkshire and prides themselves on delivering excellence in everything they do. You will receive a competitive salary along with support and encouragement to develop the role from people who share your
passion and ambition. This is an exciting time to be joining the Charity and a great opportunity for someone looking to make a difference to the lives of people living in Yorkshire.
Support and Advice
- Works in partnership with line managers to advise, coach and challenge on all aspects of people management and HR related issues
- Provides case management support for all employee relations cases - disciplinary, grievance, capability, absence
- Advises on recruitment and selection strategies to ensure there is a positive employee experience and effective ROI
- Develops an engaging and inspirational people plan, driving delivery to support the strategic direction of the Charity
Governance / Compliance
- Ensures that the Charity HR operational policies and procedures are fit for purpose, and are continuously reviewed and updated to reflect changes in UK employment legislation
- Provides training and communication to all staff to increase levels of knowledge and confidence in the use of Charity policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Relevant HR experience
- CIPD Qualified
- Strong up to date knowledge of UK employment law
- Ability to build, manage and develop strong stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Experience of developing and implementing action / people plans
- Strong employee relations experience including disciplinary, grievance, change management
- Training Needs Analysis, design and delivery of engaging learning interventions
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Knowledge and expertise in GDPR
- Qualified to administer Level A and B psychometrics, including MBTI or equivalent
- Recognised coaching qualification