European HR Generalist
As the European HR Generalist for this international company near Slough, you will provide management and employees with advice, information and practical guidance concerning HR issues, including employment relations, recruitment, employee development and training and proactive administration support for all HR functions in a pan European HR Department.
Our client is a well-known international business.
As the European HR Generalist for this company near Slough, you will be responsible for -
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure the provision of a quality and cost-effective service.
- Ensure and end to end process for on boarding for all employees is in evidence and completely documented, paying particular attention to all required new starter paperwork to enable loading into EU payrolls.
- Working with the Head of Human Resources for Europe in the maintenance and review of EU Employment policies, procedures and management guidance notes. Ensure that these policies and procedures are updated and clearly documented.
- Represent the HR function on internal committees, interview panels and work groups as necessary.
Identify and recommend changes to current systems and procedures to ensure high standards of service are maintained.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees upon notice of resignation.
- Effectively manage the recruitment process to include the preparation of advertisements, drafting job descriptions and person specifications, arranging interviews, preparation and circulation of recruitment and selection paperwork.
- With Head of Human Resources for Europe to develop staffing plan for all direct requisitions by position, location, and timing to support the business.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all current Agency vendors sufficient to work with them for the source and supply of temporary and permanent future employees.
Coaching, Consulting, and Employee Relations
- Advise and coach management on a range of HR matters including but not limited to employee performance management, positive employee relations, disciplinary actions and succession plans. Review document drafts providing feedback and recommendations for changes.
- Co-facilitate training with Training department, acting as subject matter expert on various HR topics.
- Perform as owner and leader for driving the resolution of various employee relations issues by intake of the issue, investigation and research, soliciting any necessary resources or experts and then resolving the issue at hand. Serve as Employee Relations contact for HR-related issues. Provide management support for complex escalated claims.
- Facilitate and lead New Employee Connection (Induction).
Training and Development/Performance Management
- Keep up to date with employment legislation and ensure continuing professional development in line with recognised standards of the CIPD.
- Undertake and participate in HR and training projects as agreed with the Head of HR.
- Partner with managers in employee development to identify development needs for themselves and their team in line with the Company's Employee Development Policy and development frameworks and set up appropriate trainings.
- Updating, reviewing and reporting the Employee Morale Budget to the Regional Manager; administration of the Long Service and Recognition Awards for Europe.
- Create reports on dashboard metrics and various other reports/queries.
In the delivery of this role, sometimes you will need to travel to Europe at short notice - it won't be that regularly, but you might for example need to fly to Italy tomorrow to run an ER case.
The ideal candidate for this European HR Generalist role will be able to offer the following profile -
- Strong Generalist and operational HR experience, including complex ER and Recruitment.
- It is essential that you have strong European HR experience, including managing complex ER cases - you must have managed ER cases across at least 2 other European countries as well as the UK. Experience across Spain, Italy, Portugal or Holland would be the preference.
- Preferably CIPD qualified.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Able to work with a primarily-technical/engineering client group in an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and function independently and maintain workflow with minimal supervision.
- Perform duties that require strong comprehension, analytical, research, composition, communication, and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Workday experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge and other database tools.
- Knowledge of a European language would be extremely beneficial but is not mandatory.
A highly competitive benefits package including:
- A bonus scheme of 8.4%.
- 23 days holiday, rising to a maximum of 26 days.
- Great pension scheme, whereby the company will double the employee contributions (to a maximum employer contribution of 10%).
- Private Healthcare.
- Work laptop and mobile phone.
- Educational Assistance Scheme.