Mechanical Design Engineer - Building Services
Mechanical Design Engineer
St Albans, Hertfordshire
Salary: £30k - £45k + Benefits
Just Recruitment Group are currently working in partnership with a thriving building services consultancy in Hertfordshire aiding in the search of an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing design team.
The consultancy has been established for over 30 years and have built up a fantastic name within the building services industry having worked on key projects in the hotel & leisure, high end residential, Healthcare, Commercial and Education sectors just to name a few of the many areas the business have become specialists within.
The consultancy currently has 20 MEP engineers working from their offices and makes an ideal environment for a candidate to gain a true hand on role within a small, close-nit and highly efficient team of building services engineers.
Our client is currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer that has extensive experience in the delivery of projects across the areas they operate, and It is expected that you will be required to deal with projects in the UK and Europe from initial concept/feasibility through to the design, construction and commissioning under the guidance of the Directors.
The successful applicant will:
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services or equivalent
- Chartered or currently working towards Chartership
- Have minimum 3 years' experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer working for UK Consultancy or Contractor
- Extensive experience across the residential, commercial, healthcare, leisure and hotels sector
- thrive in a small team, showing plenty of initiative to get stuck in and be real team player
- Live in Hertfordshire or within a reasonable commute.
- Fluent in HVAC design calculation in accordance with CIBSE guidelines
- Liaison with building physicist for thermal modelling input criteria and results
- Design and specification of renewable technologies
- Part L Compliance checking in conjunction with building physicist
- Detail development of concept designs to include equipment selection and specification etc
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
- Project Management
- Site inspections
An incredibly attractive salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate including private healthcare, company phone and great pension scheme!
To find out more information about this fantastic opportunity, please contact Nic Antoniou at Just HSE now! Alternatively, please apply online and we will be in touch to discuss your application.