A maternity cover contract - minimum 9 months - role as HR Manager for a healthcare/pharma company based in central Reading.
This standalone role will provide an interesting mix of operational and strategic HR duties, including recruitment and retention, talent management and future capability, employee satisfaction and engagement, coaching, ER, benefits and payroll.
Our client is a family-owned international healthcare company, with their UK office based in central Reading. A research-based company, it markets its medicines in more than 50 countries across the globe.
As the standalone HR Manager for this pharma business in Reading, you will be primarily responsible for -
- Recruitment and retention: Recruitment assessment and campaigns.
- Managing talent and future capability.
- Employee satisfaction and employee motivation / work process improvement.
- Payroll, Reward (benefits) advice and administration.
- Performance management and performance coaching.
- Learning and development: Soft skills *NOTE: L&D crossover with Sales Trainer.
- Policy and procedures implementation.
- Employment law updating.
- Managing HR budgets.
- Employee Relations management (issues and change management).
- Managing absence & sickness.
- Poor performance, exit management, disciplinaries, grievances
In addition, about 10% of the role will also be dedicated to Office Manager responsibilities -
- Health and safety management and custody of health & safety.
- Office software oversight, with IT provider, arranging installation and tracking.
- Office expenditure and budget management.
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs.
- Overseeing office-specific Induction activities.
- May include support of office conferences.
All employees are encouraged to improve and innovate their own roles, as well as to highlight improvements and innovations that may be made elsewhere. Agree with your manager how such innovations may be raised or implemented.
To apply for this HR Manager role with our pharma/healthcare client, your profile will look very closely like the following -
- Qualified HR professional.
- Ideally you will have experience of working in a standalone HR role.
- Strong HR Generalist experience to include a good mix of operational and strategic - including recruitment and retention, talent management and future capability, employee satisfaction and engagement, coaching, ER and payroll.
- Experience managing HR projects - benefits, GDPR, taking HR files online - would be a distinct advantage.
- You will be happy to take responsibility for the Office Manager element to the role too.
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry an advantage but not necessary.
- The individual would require a strong drive and self-motivation to help establish and improve best practices.
- The organisation has outstanding quality at its core, so applicants must be able to demonstrate quality in their approach and in all they do.
- Good HR systems and MS Office.
This HR Manager role offers a great salary as well as the following benefits -
- 10% bonus scheme.
- Matching pension scheme up to 5%.
- 25 days holiday.