HR Assistant- Immediate start
Currently recruiting a HR Administrator role for a 6 month contract, based in Inverclyde.
Organisation within the Inverclyde area
- To gain a working knowledge of the activities in which the HR Advisor is involved in order to assist with HR projects, and in order that appropriate actions may be followed through in their absence.
- To assist in HR projects to improve business efficiency.
- To offer specialist advice on HR issues to line managers and employees when required.
- To assist in the conducting of investigations, and disciplinary and grievance hearings as and when required.
- To manage the recruitment mailbox and assist in the recruitment and selection of all staff and expedite the administration of this process.
- To prepare offer letters, induction folders, contracts of employment and job descriptions for new employees.
- To carry out Company inductions with new employees and arrange health and safety inductions.
- To maintain and update all existing personnel files, action any new files which require to be created, and maintain the filing system in order to facilitate the smooth retrieval of information.
- Issue probationary period letters and follow up on any necessary issues.
- To record annual leave requests, authorised absences, sickness absence, monitor employee attendance and absenteeism and liaise with managers regarding appropriate action required.
- To arrange medical referrals and associated occupational health needs when required.
- To monitor employee lateness and liaise with managers regarding offences requiring disciplinary action.
- To assist in the administration of internal and external training.
- To operate the computerised HR Systems to input and retrieve information.
- To update Company organisation charts when required.
- To process leavers from the business.
- To prepare letters, documents and reports as required.
- To take outgoing mail to the Post Office as required.
- To answer the telephone in a prompt and polite manner, deal with enquiries, and take messages when necessary.
- To cover Reception duties as and when required.
- To act in a confidential manner and to treat confidentially all papers, correspondence and information which passes through the Department.
Users of HR systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A self- starter with the ability to use own initiative and to plan and prioritise own workload and able to work to challenging deadlines.
- Ability to inspire, influence and instill confidence, establishing personal credibility at all levels.
- Ability to work closely with managers from other disciplines.
- IT literate, fully conversant in Microsoft Office especially Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Able prioritise their workload
- Immediately available or available at short notice
37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm
29 days annual leave plus 4 stats