A HR Assistant is required for an international organistaion based in Southend
Your new company
An international organisation based in Southend requires a HR Assistant to join their team
Your new role
- Responsible for the induction processes ensuring best practice & company policy is applied.
- To be responsible for ensuring the on-boarding process runs smoothly including overseeing all aspect of the process
- Support the management of any employee relations case load
- To prepare tailored letters for grievances and disciplinaries
- Support in the management of maternity, paternity and sick absence issues supporting managers and holding meetings to discuss same with employees
- Monitor short term sickness across the company and ensure prerequisite admin is undertaken and that a consistent approach is applied across the board ensuring all appropriate documentation is complete and systems are updated appropriately
- Support HRBP's with managing long term sickness cases including facilitation of occupational health reports
- Provide accurate advice to employees and management on general HR policies/procedures and manage the processes
- Assist improved employee performance through support to line management and HR in performance related issues that may arise
- To provide reports to the HRBP's and Operations Management as required
- To work collaboratively with other members of the department to ensure that processes are handled professionally and quality and customer care is maintained at all times
- Assist in any program rollouts (i.e. performance review process, salary planning, benefits open enrolment, etc.)
- Conduct exit interviews as and when required escalating contentious cases to the relevant HRBP
- To work collaboratively with the BPs and managers in processing staff changes forms timely and accurately ensuring the relevant paperwork is completed and systems updated
- Ensure all probation periods reviews are completed within a timely fashion and those that are likely to fall out of process should be escalated to the relevant HRBP.
- Process any system data changes or paper work for life cycle events such as promotions leavers and offer letters ensuring all the relevant paperwork is generated and issued
- Ensure systems/trackers are updated accurately on a regular basis in areas of relevant responsibility
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified CIPD preferred / Degree educated
- Experienced in dealing with Employee Relations matters such as disciplinary and grievances
- To be able to work autonomously and actively seek out areas for development
- Methodical, accurate and organised with excellent attention to detail
- Strong customer service advocacy always putting the needs of the employee and manager first
- An ability to multi task and prioritise a consistently heavy workload
- Willingness to learn, solution orientated and curious with an appetite to continually review and improve processes.
- The ability to be discreet and professional and maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to cope in a fast, dynamic and ever evolving environment in a calm and professional manner
- Excellent computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, 23 days annual leave & Bank holidays, generous pension. healthcare
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.