Occupational Health Technician - North West
We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician based in the North West. The role will cover the North West including Liverpool and Preston.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week. Regular overnight stays will be required.
As an Occupational Health Technician, your main duties will include undertaking health screening procedures in accordance with strict protocols laid down by policies and the competencies to which the individual has been trained. These screening procedures may include general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis; health surveillance screening such as audiometry, lung function testing; drug and alcohol testing procedures. The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management; the Occupational Health Technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing if trained to do so.
The Occupational Health Technician works to support the OH team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded.
- Undertake health screening procedures
- Treat all patients with respect, dignity and privacy
- Ensure all medical information is accurately recorded in the occupational health records and passed to the clinical staff
- Ensure all equipment is serviceable, clean and fit for purpose
- Work within set protocols and do not deviate. Recognise the limitation of their role and do not go beyond this
- Provide support to the whole OH team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively, undertaking non-clinical tasks as requested e.g. filing/tidying etc.
- Have a customer service focus including conducting patient encounters
Please contact James at OH Medical on 01582 250875 / 07377710010 to discuss further
Apply for Occupational Health Technician - North West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly