Learning & Development Manager
A London based Wealth and Investment Management firm are looking to hire a Learning & Development Manager. This is a newly created position where they require a Learning & Development professional to help develop their L&D function. This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about learning and talent management and likes to take ownership. The ideal candidate will be idea driven and have experience of setting up learning processes from scratch.
Key Purpose of Role:
The L&D Manager is responsible for the design and development of L&D interventions that supports the current and future needs of the business. They will also be responsible for development and rollout of an In-House Training Academy using SAP technology that is strategically aligned to our business needs. Management and oversight of a graduate training programme to fast-track graduates through all levels of their Financial Planning career journey. The L&D Manager will be responsible for development and roll out of world class management development framework to upskill line management capabilities.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with managers and support all aspects of the employee development.
- Develop metrics/KPI's to assess the return on investment of key programmes and courses, using data/trends to maximise future investment
- Build and implement L&D programmes and initiatives that enable the business, support the employee-led culture, and build upon their strategic goal to be the wealth manager employer of choice
- Forge partnerships with existing and prospective new external partners to ensure the training interventions are commercially viable and deliver the maximum return on investment
- Diagnose organisational issues and design solutions to support change initiatives that support highly effective team development
- Coordinate the provision of Senior Development Programmes through robust programme and stakeholder management of internal and external parties
- Develop frameworks and core programmes in business development, personal effectiveness and leadership to consistently build organisational and line management capability
- Responsible for the review, design, planning and execution of the graduate induction and training bootcamp, ensuring seamless execution of all logistics
- Project management and implementation of on-going learning interventions and post programme activities
- Support the HR & Recruitment Manager to identify top talent
- Design successful development programmes aimed at fast tracking potential and strengthening talent pipelines
- Partner with line managers to review, challenge, support and drive succession planning and career development
General Operational HR Support
- Support the HR Team with ad hoc general HR Operations activities as required.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- An experienced learning and development professional with substantial experience of design and delivery of an extensive range of training and development interventions with a range of audiences including at director level, and within a fast changing environment
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Professionally qualified with CIPD or willing to work towards qualification
- Experience of working with SAP systems
Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional relationship building skills with the ability to converse and liaise at all levels
- Proactive and can-do attitude, be able to work on own initiative and demonstrate tenacity and resilience
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to listen to and balance the needs of the employees and the needs of the organisation
- Comfortable in providing feedback and positively challenge
- Creative with the ability to think laterally and come up with new ideas that meet business development objectives
- Outcome focused and possesses commerciality in approach to link role requirements with business objectives
- Team player who enjoys working as part of cross-functional teams.
Apply for Learning & Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly