Head of People
HRLife are delighted to be working with an entrepreneurial and innovative customer-centric SME with significant growth plans. They are a business who put their people at the heart of everything they do and as such they are now looking to recruit a Head of People to support their forward thinking, highly collaborative, talented workforce to help ensure this continues to be a truly great place to work!
Given this is an entrepreneurial, cutting-edge business with a desire to keep their culture of innovation as it grows, this role requires a commercial HR professional with a creative and “light-touch” HR approach and a willingness to not just think strategically but to also perform operationally. Experience of growing a business in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment will be key.
Reporting into the CEO you will be responsible for developing and implementing people plans to support the culture and values and help deliver business goals. You will deliver a comprehensive HR service, operating as the pivotal point of reference for employment matters, proactively advising on good practice. Above all you will provide HR that enables effective employee resourcing, retention, development, performance and wellbeing, and ultimately supports sustainable business growth.
In terms of your experience you will have a broad generalist background gained within a commercial business environment that has experienced a significant scale up. You will have expertise in:
- Creating, influencing and driving the People agenda and making something brilliant
- Talent Acquisition and Talent Management
- Engagement and Retention
- Working with business leaders, coaching and advising
- People Development and Performance Improvement
- Supporting and developing a fun and engaging culture
You will be an agile thinker with a natural curiosity; smart and resilient. Ability to demonstrate a flexible, open-minded and proactive approach that embraces the culture of a forward-thinking, progressive business whilst being able to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into some day to day duties in the office which make people want to come to work. In addition, you will be able to:
- Operate comfortably and confidently when doing things differently
- Think and influence creatively, show entrepreneurial spirit and challenge typical thinking
- Show pragmatic business making ability
- Demonstrate where HR can add value
- Operate as a brand ambassador, really live the business values
- Be based in West Sussex 3 days a week, travel into London for 2 days.
This is a great business looking for that highly creative People-person who can really add value.