HR Advisor role with a fantastic business in Hatfield…
Job Title: HR Shared Service Advisor
Salary: Circa £34k per annum
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Our client’s enthusiastic HR Shared Service team in Hatfield are the go-to people for all of their 5,000 UK employees and Managers. The HR Generalists handle all HR queries priding themselves on delivering a right-first-time service.
They do this by offering pragmatic, sensible and flexible advice just making things happen!
What you’ll be doing:
- Through the HR Shared Service you’ll provide comprehensive advice on all employee queries. You might do this over the phone, face to face or by email, but it will always be professional, sound and timely.
- Employee Relations situations including Disciplinaries, Grievances and consultation processes
- Case management is an important part of the role and you’ll already have lots of experience in complex disciplinary, grievance and performance capability situations. In these you’ll support and guide Line Managers on decisions up to and including dismissal.
- You’ll confidently support various consultation processes such as changes to terms and conditions and Redundancy and as part of these you could be having to actively work to successfully redeploy employees.
- As an absence and Wellbeing expert you’ll own your own area of the business helping managers support their employee’s wellbeing, give advice on both short term and long term absence and work closely with our Occupational Health team and PHI provider. You might find yourself working on ill health capability, and you’ll do this sensitively and practically with a strong understand of legislation.
- The client is on their ‘Wellbeing journey’ so you’ll support and promote regular initiatives on all sorts of wellbeing topics and signpost employees to useful resources which help them keep our employees well at work.
- Keeping Managers up to date is important to them so you’ll deliver regular updates at management meetings, host a 2 day Management Induction programme and run ad hoc learning events.
- Working with the Employee Relations Manager, you’ll be responsible for the relationship with your aligned Trade Union and you’ll support them on negotiations and business changes that affect your Union group.
- Your up to date employment legislation knowledge will allow you to pro-actively make changes to our existing policies and processes and you’ll also use this knowledge to educate our managers through training, workshops and updates.
What they need from you:
- Strong HR generalist background gained in a large organisation
- Excellent up to date knowledge of employment legislation and the application of this.
- Experience in making sound, risk assessed decisions for exit strategies.
- Expertise in all aspects of absence management.
- Ability to respond and manage a busy and diverse workload.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written and a confident presentation style.
- Passion to work as part of team with a flexible approach to work.
- Initiative to work independently while using judgement to know when to ask for support.
- An understanding of working with Unions would be useful along with an awareness of TUPE
What they will give you:
- Supportive working environment
- Knowledgeable diverse team
- Opportunity to develop and get involved in all sorts of projects
- Fun and friendly working experience