Head of HR Shared Services
Head of HR Shared Services – 12 month FTC
Package: Base salary up to £85,000 per annum + bonus and benefits package
Network HR have been appointed on a retained basis to assist a world leading business in their search for a Head of HR Shared Services on a 12 month fixed term contract basis. This organisation are pioneers within the Insurance market, holding an incredibly well respected top position against their competitors and constantly striving to improve. The modern and innovative attitude is driven by its leaders and plays a large part in the company culture and people agenda.
The Head of HR Shared Services will be responsible for the strategic direction, development and operational performance of the HR Shared Service function leading a team of 5 and supporting both the UK and International arms of the business.
Following ongoing restructures and improvement plans to the existing HR function the Head of HR Shared Services will play a pivotal role in establishing, improving and imbedding the internal policies and processes, educating the wider business on the new ways of working and the value of an effective and efficient Shared Service Function. This is very much an evolution role rather than Revolution as the fundamental ‘nuts and bolts’ are in place however continuous improvement will be a priority throughout the entire contract.
• Accountable for the strategy and design of an efficient and effective HR Shared Service function, ensuring fit-for-purpose resourcing including third-party suppliers
• Overall accountability for day-to-day HR shared service delivery including:
o first-line and second-line query management
o all administrative and transactional HR services relating to the full employee lifecycle including - onboarding; payroll; benefits and remuneration; training and development; to agreed quality targets and timescales
o input and provision of accurate and timely employee data and management information
o maintenance of all employee documentation and filing
o provision of HR team and office administration support
• Overall accountability for the maintenance of HR systems and data interfaces
• Responsible for promoting process and service excellence through effective governance, service level management and process and continuous service improvement activities
• Budget responsibility for HR Shared Services team, including monitoring and reporting via Financial Control
• Ensure HR Shared Services team members have the skills and knowledge to deliver agreed service outcomes and contribute to continuous service improvement
• Provide oversight of effective risk management across the HR function, taking ownership of HR Shared Services related risks and risk response
• Contribute to the creation of the HR function strategy and its success, in relation to the development and provision of transactional HR and first and second-line support services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Leadership skills to promote and drive functional strategies and operational excellence
• Commercial focus, and the ability to apply business acumen to innovate, solve problems and achieve results
• Highly developed relationship and influencing skills both internally and externally at a senior level, and able to build business capabilities through effective stakeholder management
• Understanding the importance of and able to leverage the value of technology, data and analytics to identify and achieve strategic goals
• Long-term and tactical resource planning and budget management
• Effective change management and project management
• Able to manage business and financial risks and controls within areas of accountability and ownership, within agreed risk appetites/tolerances
• Excellent line management skills including managing team development and supporting individuals’ personal and career development
• Ability to work autonomously demonstrating initiative and sound judgement
• Generalist HR knowledge
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Process improvement methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
• Managing third party services and supplier relationships
• Strong HR Operations / service centre background within a complex, global organisation
If you would like to express your interest or find out more, please contact Charly Newton-Coombs at Network HR on 0121 450 5030.
In compliance with the regulations (April 2004) in place under the employment agencies act, Network HR will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving licence, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable.