Assistant Company Secretary
My client is a leading global Bank based in the City and looking to hire an Assistant Company Secretary to work with the Company Secretarial team to manage all Branch corporate governance requirements, particularly those required by regulation such as Senior Manager Regime.
To act as Company Secretary to the Branch, responsibilities of which will include:
- managing all Branch corporate governance requirements, particularly those required by regulation;
- working with the Branch Senior Managers and Company Secretarial Assistant to manage Branch Local Management Committee meetings;
- working with the Company Secretarial Assistant to manage the corporate record-keeping requirements of the Branch;
- working with the Senior Managers Regime specialist in the Group to help manage the Branch's Senior Managers Regime requirements; and
- as necessary writing Local Management Committee papers and making presentations to the Committee.
To work with the Company Secretarial team to manage the company secretarial requirements which will include:
- servicing the needs of the Bank's Directors and Senior Manager Function population;
- ensuring compliance with corporate governance best practice;
- assisting in the maintenance of all required Board and corporate documents and records.
- Participating in corporate governance projects
- Liaise closely with company secretarial colleagues Capital Markets on governance matters.
- strong knowledge of the corporate governance obligations of banking firms, particularly those required under PRA and FCA rules;
- experience of working with a branch of an overseas bank would be a great advantage; and
- an understanding of the Senior Managers Regime requirements.
- Good understanding of UK financial services regulation and corporate governance best practice in banking firms
Qualifications for the role:
- qualified company secretary, or a member of another professional body, with experience of practising in a regulated firm;
- ability to write reports to senior management level; and
- ability to prioritise and manage own workload.