Workforce Planning Lead
As Workforce Planning Lead, the purpose of this role is to determine the level of human resource required to deliver the required service and to then maintain centralised oversight of its availability across the entirety of the organisation.
Our client is a well-known player in their specialist field.
As the Workforce Planning Lead for this company in Reading, the purpose of this role is to determine the level of human resource required to deliver the required service and to then maintain centralised oversight of its availability across the entirety of the organisation. In order to achieve this you will focus on:
- Data gathering and analysis is the foundation of the role. The Lead will be required to gather, consolidate, document and understand resource data from across the organisation.
- Resource Planning, Forecasting and control is central to the role. Working with the Operations Planning Manager, it will be essential to forecast demand accurately, resource model FTE and maintain headcount statistics (including metrics of flexibility and contingency within the workforce).
- Business process management will be a core aspect of the role. Robust business processes will be required to assuredly deliver the all requirements.
- Systems and tools will be required to enable the efficient management of the Service.
- The role will include the analysis and assessment of existing capability which will potentially lead to the selection, implementation and then management of a new resource management tool.
- Engaging effectively with stakeholders will be an important aspect of the Lead's role. In carrying out their responsibilities, the OPM will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders across the organisation.
Interfacing with commercial teams to understand the commercial impact of changes in operational requirements and resourcing levels will fall within the remit. The delivery of the service will be subject to performance incentives, service levels and financial controls, many of which will be directly impacted by variations in resource requirement.
The ideal candidate for this Workforce Planning Lead role in Reading will be able to offer the following profile -
- Previous experience in blue light emergency services or defence is desirable but not essential.
- Strong workforce/resource and operational planning background, with excellent analytical skills, including an ability to listen, question, challenge and model.
- Ideally you will have managed resource/workforce planning within a volume environment.
- Good communication skills (including both writing and presenting) and able to communicate the outputs of analysis to a wide range of audiences.
- Numerate, have some finance experience, possess strong attention to detail and proficiency in Excel and Access.
- Experience of business process mapping and business process improvement whilst demonstrating an understanding of business requirements.
- Comfortable leading workshops and meetings, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to address differing priorities. They will be able to command the respect of colleagues, peers and seniors while working in a demanding environment.
This role in Reading offers a comprehensive benefits package as well as a competitive salary.