MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This is a hands-on role, which involves all HR, personnel and training duties. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your own HR knowledge and skill set working in a friendly environment that is open to new ideas and HR practices. You will be responsible for securing and delivering all aspects of training, working as required with key personnel to ensure that the needs of the individuals and teams are met. If you are a natural communicator who is eager to progress personally in an organisation then please read on.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES:
Responsible for all HR issues, including (but not limited to):
- Liaise with the stakeholders to identify potential staffing needs and recruit staff, including conducting interviews and shortlisting. Prepare all recruitment documentation including job advertisements, application forms, offer letters and reference requests. Negotiating terms with candidates and/or recruitment agents.
- Draft, update and maintain policies and procedures and contract of employment for staff
- Administration of pay and benefits, including holidays, pensions and sick pay
- Deal with staff queries and concerns as they arise and handling any staff grievances
- Handle any absence management, performance management or disciplinary procedures as may be necessary
- Deal with any leavers, including exit interviews, references and final pay calculations
- Evaluate and adjust PDR (appraisal) documentation as required
- Identify training and development needs and implement training strategy, including (but not limited to):
- Preparing, conducting and managing induction training for new starters
- Preparing and conducting ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions
- Sourcing external training and negotiating terms with external parties
- Oversee training costs and authorise training purchase.
- Proven HR experience within a Professional/ Financial services environment
- Recognised HR/training qualification
- A commercial and proactive outlook with good management and team skills
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Brief knowledge of legal systems and practices