A local Housing & Care provider are looking to recruit a Registered Children's Manager within their service in Nottingham. This will initially be offered as a fixed term contract but could become a permanent role. The organisation are offering a competitive salary and a good reputation.
The post holder will be responsible for providing effective leadership to a Young People's Residential Care Unit. You will be working with children and ensuring that their physical, emotional and safety needs and protected whilst following correct guidelines and procedures.
* Provide Effective leadership, supervision and mentoring to the staff team
* Achieve and maintain a good or outstanding OFSETD rating
* Ensures that all Policy and Procedures are up-to-date and in-line with current Regulations
* Promote children's welfare and safeguard their wellbeing
* Create a positive environment where children can reach their full potential
* Be responsible for the administration and overall running of the service whilst having joint responsibility for budget
* Monitoring financial records and reports
The successful candidate for the role of Registered Children's Manager will have:
* At least 2 year's residential childcare experience working with young people who display challenging behaviour
* At least 1 year's management experience within a residential environment
* Level 5 in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children and Young People's Services (or equivalent if qualified before January 2011)
* Detailed knowledge of Child Protection Policies
* Experience of working with OFSTED
* Approachable, dependable, tenacious and confidential
* A genuine passion for working with children and young people
* Willing and motivated to undertake further training and development
This role gives the opportunity to gain employment within a reputable organisation within the market. It is perfect for someone who is looking for a new challenge to work for a company that truly values it's employees. Morgan Hunt have been working within Social Housing and Care for more than 12 years to help find professionals the right position at the right time. We provide an honest and consultative approach will help our candidates to secure the most suitable position for them. Please get in touch today to discuss your next career move.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.