This is a great opportunity to join the organisation as they plan their People agenda for the next 5 years.
- Maintain staff personnel files to a high standard, ensuring they are regularly updated and maintained.
- Maintain an electronic staff database that keeps accurate up to date records of staff.
- Ensure that training, sickness, holidays and appraisal information is logged and recorded on a regular basis and that reports are produced for managers to enable them to develop their people management in line with accurate data.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of data held on staff.
- Attend meetings where required including taking notes at disciplinary and grievance meetings / hearings.
- Maintain records of staff online fire training to ensure 100% completion
Recruitment & Selection
- Maintain accurate and up to date copies of all job descriptions and person specifications for all job roles.
- Provide administrative support to managers within the recruitment process including: arranging adverts, booking interview facilities, coordinating interviews panels, receiving, sorting and copying applications, meeting candidates and administering selection exercises.
- Advise and ensure that managers follow recruitment policy and best practice within recruitment and selection activities.
- Administer the taking up of references and sending out confirmation letters to successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Advise Senior Managers on changing legislation and best HR practice
- Advise Line Managers on employees' rights, terms and conditions and how they can deal effectively with people management issues.
- Act as a champion for employees, ensuring that the organisation always considers its people in line with its business needs.
- Assist in the planning and working progress towards accredited standards as identified within the corporate plan.
- Develop, administer and report on the annual satisfaction survey - utilising the results to influence and impact on future policy development and HR planning.
- Conduct exit interviews with all leaving permanent staff and assist in utilising this data to develop HR policy.
Maintain a record of all staffing policies, review and update in accordance with an agreed schedule and make recommendations for future policy developments, ensuring information is readily available to all staff.
- To ensure the collation of monthly time sheet information in an appropriate format from departments.
- Consolidate timesheet information into instructions to the payroll department for the payment of wages and salaries.
- Deal with and resolve any issues or queries that arise from payroll.
The successful candidate will be able to start in May 2018 for a period of 10 months initially, you will have worked at a similar level in an HR related position. All candidates must have relevant CIPD accredited qualification, to at least foundation level/level 3.
Excellent IT skills including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of databases to input and extract information
Excellent organisation skills
A completer-finisher, with excellent attention to detail
Ability to achieve a high level of outputs and manage a heavy and diverse workload
Assertive and able to command respect from colleagues throughout the organisation
Good written and verbal communications skills
Ability to use own initiative
Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues in the Students' Union and University
Ability to handle sensitive or confidential situations