P/T HRBP - Amsterdam and Rotterdam
Our client, a global law firm known for commercial awareness, industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client is looking for a p/t HRBP for three to four days per week split between the Amsterdam and Rotterdam offices.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Partner, you will provide generalist HR and will also be responsible for firmwide project work and other HR activity or Senior Office Partner relationship where appropriate.
- Supporting the Senior HRBP team in the definition and delivery of HR strategy/plan for the Practice Groups in your location, in line with the People Strategy.
- Acting as a business partner to managers/partners. Delivering performance management, budgeting, workforce planning, project and change management.
- Exploring and challenging team structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Preparing staff overviews and compiling reports as well as analyzing detailed information.
- Responding to questions from employees and managers about HR issues by email and by telephone.
- Challenging existing HR ways of working to ensure maximum efficiency across all day to day activities.
- Drafting of contracts, various letters, payroll input, memos, holidays, overtime, travel allowance, temporary agents,, new joiners, insurances, etc.
- Supporting the business in driving and managing change (to leaders, role structures, new ways of working, use of new skills etc.) effectively, using change management tools and processes to ensure that teams continue to operate effectively.
- Coaching partners and managers and being their trusted advisors, not just on people issues but on business decisions and direction.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis, to enable fact based decision making.
- Influencing reward decisions effectively within the practice group and co-ordinating the salary review & bonus allocation process for the relevant teams.
- Delivering training sessions to line managers on all relevant aspects of the HR annual cycle, i.e. PDR for reviewees and reviewers, induction day one etc
- Managing vacancy approval (through budget as required), and then supporting the recruitment team to deliver external and internal recruitment for the practice groups.
- Managing the onboarding of all external candidates from induction planning onwards.
- Continuously increasing understanding of the wider world of HR, sharing external perspectives and best practice with the business and HR colleagues.
- Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills.
- Excellent IT skills; competent Excel skills essential and competent in the use of information systems highly desirable.
- Excellent level of spoken and written Dutch and English
- Experience with the Dutch labour law and work councils
- Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Strong financial acumen and ability to understand the performance of the practice group and teams.
- A good understanding of how to add value in the HR arena and demonstrate this value within an organisation.
- Creative, commercial and able to think laterally in identifying and developing opportunities.
- Positive attitude and 'can do' approach, as well as the ability being able to work well on your own initiative and as part of a wider team.
- Solution oriented with a lively, energetic and positive outlook. Pragmatic, robust and resourceful, with the ability to adapt quickly to different situations and personalities.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.